Wausau Wisconsin Bans Throwing Of Any SNOWBALL!

by minimus 26 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus
    You can’t throw a snowball at a person as kids often do. You can’t throw it in a park, at a building, anywhere. Comments please.
  • waton
    waton

$is not Wausau connected to a prominent insurance company? A little game by little ones can snowball into a million & suit.

The Irish never learned to spell Warsaw. If ever a city saw war, Warsaw is it, not like warwick, wickwar.

• Tameria2001
    Tameria2001

Getting beaned in the head by a rock inside a snowball is not fun. A few years back my hubby thew a snowball at me, didn't know there was a rock in it. Let's just say I landed on my back and I was seeing stars for a while.

• minimus
    minimus

Putting a rock in a snowball is not the same as throwing a snowball.

• minimus
    minimus

Tam, are you sure it was an accident?😎

• waton
    waton

28 minutes ago
    Putting a rock in a snowball is not the same as throwing a snowball.

m: having a heavier snowball improves the ballistics. having an ice core helps too. trouble is, hitting a head can be a live changing event, like if you hit a a snow mobiler.Snow ball battles were mini wars, with forts built, lobbing the make belief pine apple grenades.

• Tameria2001
    Tameria2001

minimus, it was an accident.

• minimus
    minimus

Still banning throwing a snowball is too much!

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Whats the stats from people being admitted to hospital after being hit by a snowball ?

my guess would be zilch ?

• jws
    jws

Snowballs can be heavier than softballs or baseballs. We generally don't let people throw those at others to hit them intentionally. In fact, MLB players wear protective helmets just in case of such an incident.

Especially when melting is happening, those wet snowballs can clump together well. But also become very heavy.

Often when the snow is fresh and flaky, it won't even form into a snowball. It turns to powder in your hands.

But who's to say, this snowball is dangerous because it's this weight or that one's OK, because of it's weight? Or that one's too wet or mostly ice.

I'd say if it's not aimed at a person or property, allow it. Ie at a tree in the park. At the ground. At one of the empty playground items. Brick walls. But cars, no. People, no. Normal siding, no. Windows, no.

Like any other rule. Smoking at a gas station is probably OK if you're in the right circumstance. Far enough away from fumes or gas, wind blowing the other way, etc. But are we going to ask people to get all scientific about it or just tell them no smoking near the pumps?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit