Nice to hear / Gorby's son

by Gorb 17 Replies latest jw friends

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

Smart lad Gorby!!

@nathan natas I live your anagram for POET!!

• Nephilim87
    Nephilim87

@ longlivetherenegades.

What pagan doctrines do they follow ? I’d like to know.

The vast majority of Christian churches believe in the trinity then. The most popular ones.

So Jehovah is His name. What organization has made his name known like the Witnesses have?

I feel like you just have a hate on for them.

• Longlivetherenegades
    Longlivetherenegades

@ Nephilim87

I feel like you just have a hate on for them

Jehovah’s Witnesses love playing the victim and hatred card game. Just like you posit up there.

What pagan doctrines do they follow ? I’d like to know.

By their own words they will be condemned. They taught and condemned the Catholics for teaching and practice of excommunication aka disfellowshipment based on the fact that they believe it is of PAGAN origin and had nothing to do with Christianity. Here we are in the 21st century it is now a loving provision made by Jehovah😁😁😁😁

So Jehovah is His name. What organization has made his name known like the Witnesses have?

1. Jehovah’s is his name as coined by PAGANS and presented on a platter of Gold to Jehovah’s organization to spread all over the world. In reality they were not the one that got that right as God's name.

2. To people like you calling God the Father is just a title and common noun for calling God😁😁😁. The reason when calling the name of Jesus which gives glory to the father does not sit well with you.

The vast majority of Christian churches believe in the trinity then. The most popular ones.

Usual mode of operation of JWs when engaged in discussion, keep changing the goal post. Atleast you know the not popular ones don't believe the TRINITY and you are not the only one who don't believe in the trinity. My position about who believed it or not is never about popularity contest.

• Nephilim87
    Nephilim87

@longlivetherenegades. No victim here at all. Just trying to have a conversation. I have love for everyone.

The practice of disfellowship is from the Bible. 1 Cor. 5:11.

If someone is living an immoral life they are mercifully warned two times. Then disfellowship is taken. It’s like a cancer you have to protect the congregation and also try to show the wrongdoer that this isn’t acceptable way for a Christian to live. If I was living this way I would totally understand and would accept this way of punishment.

Whenever the 4 Hebrew letters for Gods name appear in the Hebrew manuscripts of the Bible, the churches have almost invariably substituted the title “Lord” in their translations. In English the letters for His name JHVH or YHWH. How can you get Lord out of that? It does not even remotely resemble the personal name of God, which with vowels added,is Jehovah or as some prefer Yahweh. I have no idea where you got the pagan origins from.

I don’t know where you came up with that I dont like calling Jesus to give glory to the Father. We would all be dead without Jesus. He gave His life for us.

Again I don’t see how I’m changing the goal posts. I’m pointing out that the trinity doctrine is used by a lot of Christian churches and it is a false doctrine and Jehovahs Witnesses do not. Going back to the OP saying that what truths do they have?

Have a great day. ( not meant sarcastically either) 😊

• Gorb
    Gorb

How to derail a good and original post.

G.

• Longlivetherenegades
    Longlivetherenegades

@ Nephilim87

No victim here at all. Just trying to have a conversation. I have love for everyone.

That's why you need to face the discussion and stop diverting or going into your earlier words below:

I feel like you just have a hate on for them

Then you added

The practice of disfellowship is from the Bible. 1 Cor. 5:11.

Why were they teaching that it had nothing to do with Christianity and everything to do with PAGANISM even went as far as calling the Catholics EXTREMISTS for using excommunication and disfellowshipping to TERRORISE their member? Why? Was 1 Corinthians 5:11 translated into English in years 1960 and above?

In reality, the Catholics teach this TRUTH correctly and the Jehovah’s witnesses were going back and forth with their usual light getting brighter and calling it falsehood then back to truth.

Whenever the 4 Hebrew letters for Gods name appear in the Hebrew manuscripts of the Bible, the churches have almost invariably substituted the title “Lord” in their translations. In English the letters for His name JHVH or YHWH. How can you get Lord out of that? It does not even remotely resemble the personal name of God, which with vowels added,is Jehovah or as some prefer Yahweh. I have no idea where you got the pagan origins from.

I bet you get that research from someplace somewhere isn't it. Please who coined the name JEHOVAH? Is that person a member of "Jehovah’s organisation"? Does that name "JEHOVAH" originate with member of the Jehovah’s witness religious organization or with those the religious organization called PAGAN worshippers?

I don’t know where you came up with that I dont like calling Jesus to give glory to the Father. We would all be dead without Jesus. He gave His life for us.

When you call on the name of Jesus, do you equally not call and give glory to the Father? Will you say Amen to prayers offered in the name of Jesus by those this religious organisation called CHRISTENDOM?

Again I don’t see how I’m changing the goal posts. I’m pointing out that the trinity doctrine is used by a lot of Christian churches and it is a false doctrine and Jehovahs Witnesses do not. Going back to the OP saying that what truths do they have?

You started with ALL churches and came back to popular churches. In reality the truth you say they have was not their originality they obtained it from somewhere else. Then you added

Going back to the OP saying that what truths do they have?

Which shows that the Op indeed had a point.

Have a great day. ( not meant sarcastically either)

Thank you so far you keep it in your note that my post carries no hatred. What TRUTH Jehovah’s Witnesses really have that they did not receive

• Longlivetherenegades
    Longlivetherenegades

I@ Gorb

Jehovah’s witnesses love to hammer humility into the minds and memories of their members but they find it difficult assimilating the below from 1 Corinthians 4:7

For who makes you(Jehovah’s witnesses) different from anyone else(those they call Christendom) ? What do you(Jehovah’s witnesses) have(truth) that you(Jehovah’s witnesses) did not receive? And if you(Jehovah’s witnesses) did receive it(truth), why do you(Jehovah’s witnesses) boast as though you(Jehovah’s witnesses) did not?

Sorry for derailing your thread. It is kind of related anyway except it is not the intended outcome you seek.

• neat blue dog
    neat blue dog

No, the trinity is not universally believed in or understand the same way by all non-JW Christians. I said a UNIQUE belief, such as 1914, the stake vs cross, blood transfusions, "this generation", the "faithful and discreet slave", etc.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit