"Problems"

by DevilsAdvocate_DA 11 Replies latest jw friends

• DevilsAdvocate_DA
    DevilsAdvocate_DA

"LIFE IS A SERIES OF PROBLEMS"

The problems we face will either defeat us or develop us -- depending on how we respond to them. Unfortunately most of us fail to see how Jehovah wants to use problems for good in our lives. We react foolishly and resent our problems rather than pausing to consider what benefit they might bring. Here are five ways Jehovah wants us to use problems in our life:

Jehovah uses problems to DIRECT us. Sometimes Jehovah must light a fire under us to get us moving. Problems often point us in a new direction and motivate us to change. Is Jehovah trying to get our attention? "Blows that hurt cleanse away evil, as do stripes the inner depths of the heart". Proverbs 20:30 (NKJV)

Jehovah uses problems to INSPECT us. We are like a tea bag ...... if we want to know what's inside it, just drop it into hot water! Has Jehovah ever tested our faith with a problem??? What do poblems reveal about us? "My brothers, whenever you have to face trails of many kinds, count yourselves supremely happy, in the knowledge that such testing of your faith breeds fortitude, and if you give fortitude full play you will go on to complete a balanced character that will fall short in nothing." James 1:2-3 (NEV)

Jehovah uses problems to CORRECT us. Some lessons we learn only through pain and failure. It's likely that as a child our parents told us not to touch a hot stove. But we probably learned by being burned. Sometimes we only learn the value of something ... health ... money ... a relationship ... by losing it. "How good it is for me to have been punished, to school me in thy statues!" Psalm 119:71 (NEV)
    Jehovah uses problems to PROTECT us. A problem can be a blessing in disguise IF it prevents us from being harmed by something more serious. Last year a friend was fired for refusing to do something unethical that his boss had asked him to do. (No, he was not a Jehvoah's Witness!!!!!!!!) His unemployment was a problem -- but it saved him form being convicted and sent to prison a year later when management's actions were eventually discovered. " Genesis 50:20 "You meant to do me harm; but God meant to bring good out of it people, as we see today." (NEV)

Jehovah uses problems to PERFECT us. Problems, when responded to correctly, are character builders. Jehovah is far more interested in our character than our comfort. Our relationship to Jehovah and our character (not an organiztion) are the only two things we're going to take with us into eternity. Romans 5:3-4, "More than that, we rejoice in our suffering, knowing that suffering produces character, and character porduces hope," (RSV)

Here's the point, brothers and sisters: Jehovah God is at work in our lives -- even when we do not recognize it or understand it. But it's much easier and profitable when we do. He is also in the lives of people who wield authority over others unjustly. If they abuse this authority it may cause us much grief, but remember THEY are also under inspection and judgment. Will we throw away our values because someone else does us wrong or will it cause us to cling more to what we know is right and to our God Jehovah who allows these problems and will one day right ALL wrongs.

DA

• GinnyTosken
    GinnyTosken

Maybe

There is a Taoist story of an old farmer who had worked his crops for many years. One day his horse ran away. Upon hearing the news, his neighbors came to visit.

"Such bad luck," they said sympathetically.

"Maybe," the farmer replied.

The next morning the horse returned, bringing with it three other wild horses.

"How wonderful!" the neighbors exclaimed.

"Maybe," replied the old man.

The following day, his son tried to ride one of the untamed horses, was thrown, and broke his leg. The neighbors again came to offer their sympathy on his misfortune.

"Maybe," answered the farmer.

The day after, military officials came to the village to draft young men into the army. Seeing that the son's leg was broken, they passed him by. The neighbors congratulated the farmer on how well things had turned out.

"Maybe," said the farmer.

----------

Is Jehovah responsible for the problems in our lives?

Maybe.

Ginny

• Moxy
    Moxy

whats the reference for this article? is this the complete text? its certainly from one of the more 'interventionist' writers. all of these are natural effects or causes of problems but the implication is that its always jehovah using them. there isnt even the usual 'time and unforeseen occurence' caveat, sometimes a problem is just a problem.

mox

• DevilsAdvocate_DA
    DevilsAdvocate_DA

GinnyTosken,

I got this data in an e-mail from a non-witness source about 3 months ago.

I thought it very enlightening.

As regards Jehovah causing all our problems. Well, as I have said many, many times, I do not believe so.

Jehovah is just setting back watching us JACKASSES making JACKASSES out of ourselves.

DA

• Skimmer
    Skimmer

>> Jehovah is just setting back watching us JACKASSES making JACKASSES out of ourselves.

He must be getting quite a laugh watching Brooklyn.

• GinnyTosken
    GinnyTosken
    Jehovah is just setting back watching us JACKASSES making JACKASSES out of ourselves.

Proof, I'm sure, that man was created in God's image.

Ginny

• DevilsAdvocate_DA
    DevilsAdvocate_DA

Skinner,

AMEN and AMEN.

DA

• seven006
    seven006

What kind of game do you think we are all playing here? I believe what you say as much as I believe the story about the talking snake and the naked lady. I thought god was suppose to be love? What kind of parent would put his children in a place that made it very easy for them to do something wrong? Does god get his jollies from watching people make mistakes? Is he so insecure that he needs us to screw up so he can say I told you so? Is god so egotistical that he needs us mere humans to tell him how great his is everyday so that he can have his strokes? Is that love?

I am a father and I have never and would never set my kids up to fail. Yes you learn from your mistakes but setting up for a mistake to happen is just sick. Just because mankind is suppose to have been granted a free will by your game show host god doesn't mean it should be used as a toy or as bait for making a point. If god is that egotistical and childish than how stupid do you think we must be to be made in his image? Would you set up a situation for your kids to fail just to show them how inferior they are to you? If your answer is "no" then why do you think a god that is suppose to superior to us would do it? Are you more compassionate than god? Are you more reasonable than god?

Your way of thinking is retarded. We are not tea bags, sheep, robots, or unworthy pieces of dirt that have to thank god for allowing us to live a miserable life to prove we love him. I do not make my kids thank me every day for their miserable lives and have them feel like they are nothing with out my complete and unconditional approval. If you have kids and you treat them the way you say god treats us then you better be looking out your window for children services to come save their doomed little lives.

You think the only way to love someone is to fear them? Do you think love is so insecure of an emotion that it has to have constant testing to see if is indeed real? You have no idea what love is. It is not a game. It is not constant proving ground for the week minded. It is obvious you have no idea what real love is. I get so tired of the philosophy that life is one moment of pain and suffering after another and we should just be thankful for the opportunity to just be able to breath in and breath out. Your description of god and his lesson plan is similar to that of a person warden. If there is a god I hope to hell he is a lot wiser and grown up a creature than you make him out to be. With what you have described my dog would make a better god.

Dave

• Ginger
    Ginger

Seven006,

In my experience, a snake and a naked lady is a guaranteed formula for paradise.

Come to my hut later. I'll make you a believer.

Ginger

• seven006
    seven006

Wow, a place where I can come and voice my opinion about JW's
    and get seduced up by women all on the same site.....
    ....OK, you convinced me, there is a god.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit