Elders: Which legal office?

by betterdaze 11 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

  • betterdaze

    There are two legal offices listed on the jw.org website.

    United States
    Watchtower Bible and Tract Society of New York, Inc.
    Office of the General Counsel
    100 Watchtower Drive
    PATTERSON NY 12563-9204
    +1 845-306-1000
    [email protected]

    World Headquarters
    Jehovah’s Witnesses, Office of the General Counsel
    1 Kings Drive
    TUXEDO PARK NY 10987-5500
    +1 845-306-0711
    [email protected]

    To which location does one report child abusers and their enablers?

    Is there a special hotline or email just for elders or will these contacts do?

    Thanks in advance for your help.

  • Listener

    You could call either or both of those phone numbers and ask.

  • eyeuse2badub

    The 2 offices "overlap"!

    just saying!

  • smiddy3

    One location could give you one reply the other location could give you another reply ,the two Legal Departments could be referred to as an overlapping Legal reply ?

    what could be more simpler ?

    or you could just conclude that the Legal departments of Jehovah`s Witnesses ,like all of their other departments speak out of both sides of their mouth.

  • john.prestor

    Elders contact the 'service desk' at headquarters, you call them on the phone and that way you can talk about the child sex abuse allegation and you won't leave a paper trail. It's in Shepherd the Flock of God, I think. Do you have a PDF copy? PM me if you don't.

  • Gorbatchov

    All redirected to Bendini, Lambert & Locke.


  • stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

    Or call the police

  • The Fall Guy
    The Fall Guy

    Don't be silly betterdaze.

    Elders claim to have clergy-penitent privilege, so ethically & legally, they can't share any confessional information with a third-party such as a "legal department." Or can they? Maybe just with their wives.

  • Solzhenitsyn

    #1 Inform the police.

    #2 Brumley and his legal department team is at Patterson as of the moment. Call the main switchboard and ask for legal. Or for fun call the main switchboard 8453061000 and ask to be transferred to #46601 and leave a message on his personal v/m. You might even start your message with "Hello, before I call ABC and NBC news I wanted to reach out to you directly......"


  • careful

    eye...dub, "overlapping legal offices"—love it!

Share this