Mars

by OICU8it2 11 Replies latest jw friends

• OICU8it2
    OICU8it2

Look at Mars. SE sky. 35 million miles. Not this close since neandertals, 68,000 years ago. Will be back in about 2oo some years.

• Elsewhere
  • John Barleycorn
    John Barleycorn

for anyone interested in astrology, Mars, together with Uranus will closely oppose the new Moon, Sun, Venus, and Jupiter, which just enters Virgo a mere four hours before, right on the new Moon... only hours away from Mars' perihelion and exactly square the recent eclipse degree!

...every astrologer is looking forward to this intense event, and is waiting to see the effects of it... it is the most dramatic astrological moment of the year, maybe the decade..

...and yes, isn't Mars beautiful? -looks like a ball of flame!

• Panda
    Panda

I agree it was marvelous to see Mars. We live out way way out in ranch country. So we saw Mars right away this month. The skiea are so clear at night w/o city lights, well it's almost magic. And when you view nightly changes you understand the ancient obsession with astronomy.

• Shakita
    Shakita

a great site: http://marsrelease.stsci.edu/newscenter/archive/2003/22/astrofile/

My daughter and I will be looking for Mars tonight, she hopes to be an astronomer some day....hopefully the clouds will hold off. Keep your fingers crossed.

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

Uranus? What about my anus??????

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Let me see if I can get my foot near it, yeru - they Uranus will be rising!

Just kidding...

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

No binoculars, but I did see it clearly.

Very bright, like an approaching airplane.

Orange-yellow in appearance, and in the southwestern sky.

I was awake and viewing it for about 3 minutes in the window of time between: 5:50 and 5:53 a.m. - so that was cool.

The Dunlap Observatory, north of Toronto will be having some viewing via their telescope in September, and they've indicated that the viewing is still excellent, and still closer than it has, though this mornings was the absolute closest.

Nice to say I saw that.

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

This is the best night to see Mars. Very visible to the human eye. But at Florida State University tonight several telescopes were pointed to it and the public were invited to go take a look. There were probably around 200 people there; I waited for about an hour to get a glimpse of it. But it was worth the wait. I felt like I was a part of history.

• Mulan
    Mulan

Actually it was last night....................A.M. We saw it and it was pretty big and awesome. Tonight will be just as good. Don't miss it! Even with binoculars, you can see the color and size.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit