Maintenance Co-ordinator

by Phoebe 1 Replies latest jw friends

• Phoebe
    Phoebe

I don't know if anyone has mentioned this, I've scrolled through to see but don't see anything.

Last Saturday our congregation had a special meeting and everyone was supposed to attend. I didn't go of course because I'm trying to stay away but my JW neighbor filled me in. A brother and his wife came and he has a title, I think it's maintenance coordinator or something. Anyway, he's been appointed by the society to go around a bunch of congregations with his wife and talk about maintenance of kingdom halls and how the hall has to be kept looking nice. Then everyone was divided into groups and his wife took one group and they walked around the hall looking for any jobs that needed doing.

After, he asked everyone what they thought of it and someone commented that is was nice that sisters were now allowed to be involved in the maintenance instead of having to ask a brother.

I'm so glad I wasn't there. I would have been boiling at that comment. So now a sister can change a light bulb instead of having to ask a brother first! Jeez. Has anyone else had this special meeting?

• darkspilver
    darkspilver

Yeah, wifibandit uploaded the videos, the instruction cards and letter about five months ago

Check them out here:

https://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/6250689053327360/kingdom-hall-maintenance-arrangements-under-ldc

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit