Youtube video

by Phoebe 5 Replies latest jw friends

• Phoebe
    Phoebe

Not sure if this has been mentioned before so admin feel free to take this down, but I just watched this interview. I always love exJWFith's interviews but this one particularly grabbed me. Pedro (Broken Kite) not sure if you are on here but wow, what a story you had to tell. Such an inspiring, clever young man and the 'organization' that he'd worked so hard to be part of and was so dedicated to,in the end were looking for ways to get rid of him.

I love these videos because they reaffirm my decision to leave.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aL0fqpP_uH8

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

I agree...a great interview!

ExJW Fifth has done a number of top rated interviews of ex JWs and they all have a common thread that runs through them...that the WTBTS is a bitch of an organization and that the sooner one starts his/her fade to get out---the better for that individual. Keep up the good work...Fifth...looking forward to your next exJW interview!

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

ExJW fifth is a supreme interviewer bar none.

There are many talented exjw's creating fantastic you tube content. Two of my personal favourites are Susan Gaskin and Lloyd Evan's " Watchtower in Focus".

But when it comes to interviews I believe ExJW Fifth really is up there with any television professionals, since he really allows the interviewee to fully express themselves. He is able to fully relate back to his guest yet never makes it about him.

• Half banana
    Half banana

Thanks for posting this Phoebe, an excellent story Pedro has to tell.

• steve2
    steve2

Fifth is a great interviewer - he just lets his subject talk and comes in with a few pointers. His interviews are almost always calm, respectful and very human.

Pedro, a very articulate man, has a very interesting back story.

Perhaps comparisons are odious but has anyone else noticed that Fifth sits perfectly still throughout his videos whereas Cedars (John Evans?) moves about on his chair to the point of distraction. Has anyone ever given Cedars feedback suggesting he try to keep still? It might be a nervous reaction on his part and I do like many of Cedars interviews - but his mannerisms can sometimes get in the way.

• thebrokenkite
    thebrokenkite

Thanks for the mention, Phoebe. I couldn’t have imagined how incredibly healing it would be to share my story, or the overwhelmingly positive responses I would’ve received. Some folks who remembered me as their tour guide at the MET Museum even reached out to remark that they were already PIMO while on tour.

Cliff (Fifth) is a very valuable addition to the counter-Watchtower movement. I came away fully convinced his sole purpose in creating such powerful content is to help others, and not pursue any personal agenda. He’s also meticulously strategized his approach so as not to scare off JWs. I really admire him and have drawn lots of inspiration for the content I hope to produce very soon (hopefully next week, after my honeymoon). His type of advocacy is extremely effective and we could sure use more rational voices like his.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit