Any Reviews or Feedback from the District Convention??

by daringhart13 34 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Steve2 I agree with you.

They might be awaiting the exposing of their criminal negligence with child abuse cases. They would likely try to pretent it's persecution to keep the r&f donating.

• Lieu
    Lieu

A relative liked it so much, off to another one. "The end is neigh!" Die hards get happy with its almost over messages. Maybe a Saturday of finally sleeping in.

• zeb
    zeb

My wife will be attending the conv. I will suffer her moods when she comes home.

This is the case every time.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

It's always amazing how as a JW, one would come away from a CONvention in full cult mode and gradually fade from cult mode

• out4good4
    out4good4

It is not just after the CONventions when they are in full cult mode. It is right before and after so-called special talks too.

My wire earlier this week was talking about her circuit overseers visit and how there was going to be some oh so special talk at the end that she was inviting me to go to. I gave no affirmative answer.

When she woke up and was getting dressed yesterday, she got the message that I had no intention of going to hear this "special talk" so she left in cult mode mean mugging and giving me the silent one word answers treatment. She was that way all day acting as if she had nothing to say to me.

• steve2
    steve2

Adults who sulk in response to feeling letdown are really kids who have not quite grown up.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

We have our RC in 3 weeks (end of August).

From what I have heard from others, the One Towel Rule is still being enforced.

Rub a Dub

• baker
    baker

After the bunker video, the speaker said, he personally talked to the Governing body and they were certain it would occour "any Day",,,but didn't add the work "now". Well they have been saying this for over 100 years, so no news there, but the video did make it seem as if it would be tomorrow or sooner. So tired of their double speak, means nothing to me , but a lot of family dribbles on their every word, so more figuritive fingers in the ear for a few days more, till the bills start coming in and then back to our rut...

• xjwsrock
    xjwsrock

Isn't it interesting that the organization plans these URGENT URGENT talks and videos months in advance and puts the Regional Convention Show on week after week for the better part of a year.

Jw's act like there is only one Regional (theirs) and it was prepared the day before as special messages were recieved by the glorious ones.

It's like they want to be stupid.

• xjwsrock

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit