A faded JW about to see the Circuit overseer

by pleaseresearch 38 Replies latest watchtower bible

• jehobi
    jehobi
    I agree with everyone here bro. Don't meet with them ever.
  • BeautifulMind
    BeautifulMind
    Stay far, far away. You owe them nothing.
  • Barrold Bonds
    Barrold Bonds

Yeah man don't do it.

I've had an elder hounding me for months now. Phone calls, text messages. I don't answer his phone calls. I delete his texts. He does it at weird hours too. Once he texted me at 12:30am for some reason. Fuck that guy

• Giordano
    Giordano
    Don't meet! If necessary explain the potential consequences to your mother if the meeting doesn't go well.
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot

@ Barrold Bonds (and others)...

Sniffing out an "apostate" would be considered a feather in one's cap to some, I think.

• MarkofCane
    MarkofCane

I agree don't meet. But if you have too, like I had to. I had a couple of elders hounding me, leaving messages on my phone. So i figured I would see them next time I showed up at the meeting,so I called back and accepted to meet with them and the CO, but instead of my home I said I would only meet at the Kingdom hall. They agreed and we met after the meeting. The CO asked me a number of times if there was anything he could do? If I believed the Organization was God vessel? I said yes to everything and said that we had some personal issues we are working out and needed some time and privacy to accomplish this. This kind of left him and the elders satisfied and have back off since then.

If you decide to meet be careful not to show disagreement with any doctrine or GB agenda. Don't bring up any issue about the organization that you are questioning once you open that door they will pursue the blood trail. Choose your words wisely and say as little as possible. Watch that you don't roll your eyes or show body language that shows contempt for there intrusion on you. If you can't control yourself, then don't agree to meet.

• pbrow
    pbrow

I dont understand all the fear. This man can litterally do NOTHING to you. If YOU dont want to go then dont go. Get a free meal, maybe a beer or two out if it.

Obviously you are your own person. If he brings something up you dont want to talk about then tell him its none of his business. Go, or dont go but dont cower in fear to him.

The "walking on eggshells" mentallity is what allows the dubs to keep the control. I do understand that people want to stay in for family or any other number of reasons but at the end of the day, if you shrink yourself for family or friends you are only hurting yourself and as in indirect consequence, helping to keep the jdub bubble strong. Break the bubble!!

pbrow

• besty
    besty

tell your mum you can t be part of the organisation for conscience reasons. she has to do her own research of course, you cant tell her the reasons. but until there are major changes and apologies you won;t be going back.

one option...0.02

P

• ttdtt
    ttdtt

Don't do it!!! No Upside At All!

Their week is packed with nonsense - just get out of it however you can, and it will go away.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit