A faded JW about to see the Circuit overseer

by pleaseresearch 38 Replies latest watchtower bible

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter
    I second Dagney. Thats the most loving response you can give her without giving in. Bless you for caring about her feelings in this. Sometimes we get so angry that we are ready to toss almost anything associated with the org-but not most moms! If she is still talking to you, do your best to reasonably keep that relationship. The older she gets, the harder the reality of the WT failings will hurt her. None of them will help her! I am keeping my relationship with my mom because though I don't "need" anything from her, I love her and worry about her well being. I have been tempted to let her issues hurt me and our relationship irrecocably before, but ultimately, they are our MOM's!
  • zeb
    zeb

AAARRGGH! what is it with wt that it produces such helicopter mothers!

In all my days I have never seen an outfit like it.

• berrygerry
    berrygerry

Agree with DO NOT MEET.

Dagney offers good advice.

• cofty
    cofty

I had a good relationship with the CO when I began having doubts.

Then we got a new guy and one of the elders said he would like to meet with me to try to help. He was an arrogant prick and left instructions with the elders to see to it I was DFd for apostasy.

So NO don't do it.

Once again NO!

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7
    If the CO contacts you tell him you are not prepared to meet for personal reasons (i.e. you don't particularly want to be shunned for the rest of your life by your mom) but that if your situation changes ( i.e. you lose your marbles) you will let them know.
  • karter
    karter
    What JRK said.
  • Magnum
    Magnum
    I also say DO NOT MEET. But I don't think you owe anybody any excuses. To provide excuses, to me, gives the impression that they have some kind of control over you and that you have to be excused from meeting their requests. I would just say in a nonchalant way "oh, no thanks" and then walk away or change the conversation.
  • stephanie61092
    stephanie61092
    DONT DO IT!!!!!
  • Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

I dealt with some COs during my fade, but I knew how the game was played. My circumstances were very different from anything "normal". In my case, the first was an a$sho!e of a CO when I was still an elder who helped start my fade. Then we had a sub-CO who was "nice" and requested to meet with me privately. Turned out he was a rather condescending prick and made it easier for me to continue my fade. Then yet another new CO requested to meet with me privately. He actually admitted the local elders were idiots and he asked me for advice. He left the circuit just a couple of months later. Yes, it was something I said.

At this point, I would never meet with another CO, nor would I encourage anyone else to. Why bother? The bad COs will only make you hate WT more. The good COs will just tell you jokes or listen sympathetically if you talk. They are just WT middle managers, nothing more.

• Lost and adrift
    Lost and adrift

DON'T DO IT!

I made that mistake. ...now I'm df !

By meeting ur putting urself back under the authority' of congregation or something and they can execute u

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit