I never had a happy birthday this year 5/7

by smiddy3 21 Replies latest jw friends

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Thank`s Friends, my wife is now at home with us, my son and DIL also live with us ,which is a great help. She still has some periods of tiredness and vagueness which is undestandable but it has been a big improvement now that she is home ,

The big challeng for me now is to get her to do her exercises as I know how important that is for her recovery. She can be a bit stubborn and pig headed when she wants to be

• TonusOH
    TonusOH

Glad to hear that she is home and beginning her recovery, Smiddy. Sadly, I have no advice on the exercise- I had the same issue with my mother and I never could get her to do them when she didn't want to.

• RayoFlight2014
    RayoFlight2014

Sorry to hear of your predicament @Smiddy3,
    .....delirium is so frustrating and mentally exhausting when a loved one is affected by it, to be sure.

I'm very late to the discussion, but I am glad to hear your wife is in the recovery stage at home.... however, I will comment for the benefit of the group if you'd like to hear of my family's experience with delirium.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Ray,

Feel free to share and thank you.

• RayoFlight2014
    RayoFlight2014

My JW father ( in his late 70's ) suffered from delirium, and was hospitalised for 5 months in 2018.

This is what I recall of our family experience here in Australia:

In early December 2017, Dad was told he would be having an operation in mid-late January 2018 to replace a leaky heart valve.

( unbeknownst to people who were there )

gone into a state of delirium at my parents home in Victoria, I was able to hear what was transpiring via phone link to me in New South Wales with JW family who were in attendance... he was making all kinds of accusations ( I won't go into detail here ) about some people, including my siblings and Elders at the hall..... a local congregation Elder had come to Dads house and was in the process of getting into a heated argument with my father....

• RayoFlight2014
    RayoFlight2014

....I told my siblings to " get the fucking Elder away from dad, and call an ambulance " I could hear there was something really wrong with Dad's brain function happening.... emergency services were called and they called police to assist.

• RayoFlight2014
  • RayoFlight2014
    RayoFlight2014

Not sure what is happening to my replies?

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

It`s about time i up dated this thread

.My wife has completely recovered from the set back she experienced after her hip op. and the effects she had after it.

I`m sorry I havent posted this sooner,but thank you all for your concern and support .

smiddy3

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Hi Smiddy, sorry I missed this thread earlier. I am glad that your wife is better now. It is frightening experience for the loved ones looking on.

I had a similar experience a few years back . I broke my hip and after the op I went into postoperative dementia. I don’t remember much about it but I was not at all “ with it” . After a few days or week or so ( I’m not sure) I came round but it took some while to get really back to normal mentally.

So, I’m glad your ordeal is over and I wish you both all the best.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit