Is it alright for a Disfellowshipped Jehovah's Witness to Date?

by preacherman 15 Replies latest social relationships

• preacherman
    preacherman

It is said that a DFed is handed over to Satan and left alone in his or her gross unrepentant conduct. However, you'll agree with me that not all DFeds are living that way. The truth is that some have actually repented and stopped their bad conducts but have fallen victim to the Legalistic and procedural expediences of the WBTS which makes it very difficult for some to come back in the shortest period of time. For example, some have written many letters, attended meeting but still not Reinstated!

If given such a case and the individual happens to be of marriageable age, wants to marry but is unsure of when the appeal will be considered, should he date someone from another Church? or should he remain single and hope to do so after been reinstated at some unknown time?

And if that's the case, which church can you recommend to such a one for finding decent marriage partners? Please offer some advice.

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

...which church can you recommend to such a one for finding decent marriage partners?

There are good people inside and outside of churches. Your idea of what is "decent" is subjective and relative. There is no one universal thing that everyone would find desirable in a partner.

But to answer your first question, i wouldnt even bother playing the reinstatement game unless of course you honestly think the Watchtower society has "the truthâ„¢". But if you do think that then you need to read JWFacts.com.

Live your life on your terms and you'll find yourself in a happier place.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    preacherman - should he date someone from another Church? or should he remain single and hope to do so after been reinstated at some unknown time?

Hello there. I hore you are well.

Actually, it's up to each individual to do what makes their life worth living as long as they hurt no one else. Forget religion. It's a false authority invented by men to control other people.

And if that's the case, which church can you recommend to such a one for finding decent marriage partners?

I wouldn't. A true life partner could come from any walk of life and might not be religious.

Hope that helps.

• The Fall Guy
    The Fall Guy
    "Birds of a feather flock together." Get to know a prospective partner's views on the really important things in life - including their beliefs. If you can accept their opinions without them causing rifts between you - especially when children enter your lives - then go for it.
  • cofty
    cofty
    should he date someone from another Church?

He/she should do whatever they wish, but why would you limit yourself to looking for a partner who shares your superstitions? How about dating a rational person?

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

He/she should do whatever they wish, but why would you limit yourself to looking for a partner who shares your superstitions? How about dating a rational person?

Love this!

• Fairlane
    Fairlane

@cofty. ...rationality and non church membership do not necessarily go hand in hand. ....the emphasis is find compatability and hope that love flourishes. ....but no preaching, preacherman .

• smiddy
    smiddy

The truth is that some have actually repented and stopped their bad conducts but have fallen victim to the Legalistic and procedural expediences of the WBTS which makes it very difficult for some to come back in the shortest period of time. For example, some have written many letters, attended meeting but still not Reinstated!

preacherman , can you see a difference between the above and the parable of the prodigal son ?

If you cant, then by all means waste the rest of your life in a cult.

If you can, then by all means get as far away from the WT religion as you can .

First step use ,this forum ask questions use the search option when asking questions and check out JW.facts.

And welcome to the forum.

• cofty
    cofty

Fairlane I didn't claim that everybody who doesn't go to church is rational. I did equate religion with superstition.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

I'll reply with the idea that the person wants/needs to be reinstated --

Dating a "worldly" person will hinder their reinstatement. They would be seen as pursuing a marriage that is "unevenly yoked".

If they have just recently applied for reinstatement and there is still likely to be a lengthy time before it is approved by the Elduhs, then they could likely get married, and ask forgiveness for that, too by faking that "I didn't know".

Unless there is a reason for reinstatement such as needing to have social contact with JW family, it's probably not worth playing the JW/WTS BS games.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit