They have to step down

by Gorbatchov 17 Replies latest jw friends

• Earnest
    Earnest

If they stepped down, who would take their place?

• jp1692
    jp1692

I’ll quote CoCo and complete the thought as I understand it: [If] “an elder ... lost the confidence of the congregation” he would no longer be qualified to serve.

That is correct in the congregations.

However, the problem is this: in cults “the rules” do NOT apply to the cult leaders.

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M
    Given that they are lead by the holy spirit, all decisions they make are correct. If we might perceive a decision to be wrong we are fighting the holy spirit.
  • slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Maybe most of them should step down. Apart from possibly Mark Sanderson. I have hopes for him.

Even the pope stepped down, Do you know how they could do this? They could simply set a retirement age for GB members at 75 or so. How many would that eliminate? Maybe it wouldn't get rid of Tony Morris though, who is the worst.

• redpilltwice
    redpilltwice

Gorby, morally you're 100% right about what you said in your OP. That basically is a normal human point of view.

These seven guys however fu€%ing believe they will be higher than angels (!) and that Christ needs their assistance to kick satan's ass and to exterminate seven billion people. In JW la la land everything already is different, but if you believe you are Jah's appointed Guardians Of Doctrine, proclaiming Armageddon in the last days of satan's system, well... you bow to no man.

I know you know all this...but it's good to vent Gorby, we all need that now and then.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

god --am i glad i wont be living for a 1000 years with that gang running the world.

• LV101
    LV101
    Nobody is going to budge the 7 good ole boys and I agree with 99.999% of their having locked in security positions with magical prayers w/the exception they believe they are God's greats and higher than angels bla bla going to judge all mankind. They know they're worthless but livin' the good life on top of the echelon vs. hand to mouth on the outside. What a joke - bunch of pathetic charlatans who worked the cult's system and ended up with power and nice digs. Sickening. How do they have any respect for themselves!
  • sir82
    sir82

That bunch?

Voluntarily give up power?

They'd sooner drive bamboo shoots into their own fingernails and rip their own eyelids off.

It's a lovely thought, but just like paisley unicorns, pleasant thoughts are often not possible.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit