Apostasy

by frozen2018 16 Replies latest jw friends

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

i dont think i could stomach it.

• Simon
    Simon

It really captures the essence of life as a JW and the mentality and behavior people exhibit.

But aside from it being about the JW experience, it's well worth watching as a movie because it's great drama and a well-told story and the plot takes a turn that I wasn't expecting.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

i confess --i did watch it--this evening. it is a very accurate insight into the strange world of the watchtower cult....complete with a couple of cart witnessing clips.. Only problem--it ended just as it was beginning to turn a corner.

nice to watch an English film for a change. ( and a bit of Urdu--for a laugh )...but more suited to a TV drama i would think. Now that would be an idea.

• Anne
    Anne

I absolutely love this movie. Accurate & I thought fair to JW’s. They’re not necessarily bad people, just deluded. My only complaint was the title: no way to get any JW to consider watching. Maybe that is the authors intent though, the movie was not for them, it is for us.

• RickJones
    RickJones

I thought the movie was interesting and portrays just how high controlling this religion is and the effects it can have onto people's lives.

Self anointed god spoken charlatans who ventured intentionally to control people through thought control indoctrination processes.

• extj.co
  • HowTheBibleWasCreated
    HowTheBibleWasCreated

There are 3 very accurate movies about JWs

1. Confessions of Teenage Jesus Jerk is most accurate.

2. Worlds Apart from Denmark is second

3. The last one is Apostasy and is lower because of the horrific imagery and dark 1970's tones.

The two movies by Lori McGregor need not be mentioned as they lead from one religion to another

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit