Are Jehovahs Witnesses false prophets

by joe134cd 21 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

I thought this was a very interesting argument by Robert King. I liked the point he made about if Israel had a prophet who spoke in the name of jehovah and it did not occur did this mean that the nation of Israel was a false prophet or more so if the nation of Israel sincerely believed it. The answer to that is a resounding no because the nation of Israel was God’s appointed nation. Well I’ll let you watch the video and decide.

https://youtu.be/W_bd1kHDCGE

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

This is nothing more than a play on words.(Reminds me of what the definition of "is" is.)

When it is said that "JWs are false prophets" it means the Leaders (NOT the rank & file members that truly are "victims") because it is only the Leaders that make these "prophetic" claims -- the GB (Leaders) claim to speak for Jehovah and they (as a group) make these claims and further they demand unquestioning obedience.

When the "prophetic claims" of any person (or group) fail to come true.........what are they?

FALSE PROPHETS!

(If the shoe fits...........)

• Bungi Bill
    Bungi Bill

DoC,

I think you are right! This does very much come over as a "play on words".

Also chucked into the mix is a goodly measure of circular reasoning:

- Israel was "God's Chosen People". Who says? The bloody Israelites did - nobody else!

- The by inference, he is suggesting that the JWs themselves are "God's Chosen People". Who says? Again, the bloody JWs say that (definitely nobody else!)

• sir82
    sir82

Is that the same Robert King who used to peddle his own personal brand of loco on this site?

Always wondered what he looked like.

In this topsy-turvy world, it's nice to see how some things don't change:

-- Sunsets are still beautiful

-- Butterflies still visit flowers

-- Robert King would like to tell you how JWs are almost right, but he himself will get you 100% of the way there

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Good points Bungi Bill.

Reminds me of the saying that goes something like..

"I thought my mind was my best feature until I remembered who told me."

Or

"Consider the source."

• galaxie
    galaxie

Who claim to speak in the name of jehovah......?

Who claim to provide meat in due season and take upon themselves the title ' faithful and discreet slave '....?

Who claim to have been appointed by holy spirit and jesus in 1919......?

Who have dished out predictions since the time of Charles taze Russel which have proved false....?

NOT the ordinary rank n file jw but they have been subjected to the non sense and wild prophetic garbage from the above mentioned who are indeed by their own failed testimony false prophets. ..or as i would call them deluded arseholes.

• Biahi
    Biahi

The April 1, 1972 WT, pg 197 has an article entitled "They shall know that a prophet was among them." They claim in this article that these prophets are Jehovahs Christian Witnesses. After you check this out, read Deuteronomy 18:20-22. False prophets, case closed.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

DesirousofChange

''When the "prophetic claims" of any person (or group) fail to come true.........what are they?

FALSE PROPHETS!

(If the shoe fits...........)''

And, compare Deuteronomy 18:22. NKJ. Or any version, even the NWT, their own Bible condemns them.

• steve2
    steve2
    This guy’s nose is buried in word games. Whoever utters a prophecy that fails is a false prophet, no matter who originated it. End of story.
  • joe134cd
    joe134cd

I like Robert King. I may not agree with him on some points but he certainly makes some good rebuttals. I think the point been made was dose an organisation that is led by a prophet who predictions don’t come true, mean that the organisation as a whole is not backed by good. Dose the organisation reflect the prophet or dose the prophet reflect the organisation. To be honest I never thought of it this way.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit