boyfriends jehovah witness mom

by whatisthis12 15 Replies latest social relationships

• whatisthis12
    whatisthis12

My boyfriend is an ex new Jehovah witness and today i got a message from one of his friends asking if i could delete a comment he wrote on one of my pictures because my boyfriends mom is harassing him about it. He also basically told me that she has people who added me just to view my profile and let her know!!!! she also sends him messages and pictures from the watchtower. some of them are even referrences to me as satan, when will or will this ever end?! i've never even met this lady yet she is going out of her way to exploit others and do her dirty work! what can i do?!

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

You can do nothing. It will end when she dies.

Im really sorry. Shes in a cult and sounds like shes full blown cult loony. Its just what it is. Be prepared and plan accordingly.

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

Morpheus is right. I couldn't have said it better myself. They are cult members!

• cobweb
    cobweb

This does sound like par for the course.

Practically, I think you should lock your facebook settings down so people u don't trust aren't spying on u. Also, its up to your boyfriend to ask u to take off the comment - you shouldn't have to deal with his friends putting pressure on you. I thought all his witness friends were shunning him anyway.

• jp1692
    jp1692

You could tell them to mind their own f*@king business, but cult members don't like when others tell them what to do, (even though they have no problem doing just that themselves).

• cobweb
    cobweb

Just to add: his mum will likely be feeling extremely threatened and panicking. Threatened because if your boyfriend is disfellowshipped, which seems a real possibility, she will lose her son. She will never be able to talk to him again, text him even. That prospect is going to make her a bit crazy.

• dubstepped
    dubstepped

Two things here, no three.

1. Crazy is going to crazy. Set boundaries and put them in their place.

2. Lock down your profile if you can to make it private and just between friends, or if you want to keep it public know that you're in for a fight.

3. The whole "love on the dl" thing. I don't know who you're talking to or who is talking there exactly, but in the end you and him have to be willing to be public with everything and run her off if need be. Actually, it is his mom, and he needs to put and end to it himself. He needs to stand up to her and enforce consequences for her actions. At some point in all of this he has to be willing to do whatever it takes to keep crazy away, and if he's not or he ends up trying to hide his relationship with you or something to pacify mommy, dude's got mommy issues and needs to grow up before he's ready for a relationship.

• smiddy
    smiddy

Your boyfriend needs to stand up to his mom and tell her to back off and if he`s not up to that drop him and this religious cult and find youself a new bf before you get in too deep because their is only pain and heartache their.

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

Sweetie pie you have made your bed now lie in it.

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

This Facebook stalking thing is very common here in the UK with exJWs. Our families and former friends shun us and want nothing to do with us but they just have to know everything of what we're doing, then they blow it out of proportion, make up a story and gossip around.

Check your FB privacy settings and make it as tight as possible. Look on the moms profile and see which friends are "in common" and there's your spy. Block him/her.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit