I Don't Hate JW's. I Just Think They're Wrong

by minimus 33 Replies latest jw friends

• blacksheep
    blacksheep

If you asked me, the whole "hate" thing is something that's pushed by the JW org. "Jehovah hates this, Jehovah hates that...anyone who doesn't abide by JW teaches hates Jehovah and his people." It the average dub, feuled by the OT polemic good versus bad attitude that invaribly makes anyone but a docile listener eating up WT words, to be a recipient or giver of some form of WT "hate."

The most I can must up with regard to any JW is probably a lukewarm feeling for them that generally takes the form of pity (which gets stronger the more I'm away). I esp feel for the kids raised in it. I don't hate them. Hate doesn't come into the picture. If the JW can boil it down to that, then prophesy's just been fulfilled, of course. In their egocentric view of the world, everybody's looking at them (albeit with hate). Part of the fantasy.

• minimus
    minimus

Perhaps this "hate" thing stems from being a Jehovah's Witness, after all! JW's are told to HATE just about everything, so it should be no big surprise that exes will continue that mentality...Hmmm (never thought of it that way).....

• unique1
    unique1

I actually like most of the people in the Congregations I have been in. I just feel sorry for them now that I am out.

• avengers
    avengers

How can I hate JW's ? My daughters are JW's. Can't hate your daughters can you?I see them as victims, as all JW's are, like me when I was still a victim.

I hate that GB upthere, with people who know exactly what they're doing. Those MF'ers I truly hate,
    as much as I do Jehovah, whose name they've made to a stench.

Andy

• minimus
    minimus

We have to learn how to "hate what is bad". Our families that are still JW's shouldn't be hated.

• Steve Lowry
    Steve Lowry

Uh, how does it go again? Witnesses don't hurt people; the Watchtower Society hurts people. Or something like that.

I'm forty-eight years old and if there's one thing I've learned, is that anyone is capable of anything given the right circumstances, motive and opportunity. You can't hate the people who are Jehovah's Witnesses for the harm they cause anymore than you can hate the German people for being Nazis. The potential to be destructive to others is in ALL of us.

However I don't buy into the idea that they (JW's) are simply victims. They're victims to be sure, but they are WILLING victims. I truly believe that in every JW's life, they are given the awareness at some point in their "walk" that they are wrong and are doing wrong. It is at this point they become willing victims (IMO) if they continue being in the organization/cult. Ergo, I have little sympathy for them for the pain they ultimately experience from their choices.

Steve

• minimus
    minimus

I don't think they're "simply victims". But I don't think you can make believe people can turn on and turn off like a switch. Life doesn't work that way. I wish it did.

• be wise
    be wise

I think many people are victims to themselves.

I saw a middle class woman on the TV the other night and she was fanatically dissing how these 'hippie' type travellers lived. I was thinking, she's just acting like my JW mum. She was so fanatical about how they should be living, saying it should even be forced on them because she was so convinced her way was right for everyone else. The guy who was a traveller then said she was fanatical even like a religious fanatic - he took the words right out of my mouth. Everyone can't be right or wrong but you can stand up for what you believe in.

• freein89
    freein89

Well I hate them. Not all the individuals in the org, just the organization itself. The JW's have destroyed my family, so I hate them-its just that simple.

Deb

• Steve Lowry
    Steve Lowry

I think JW's are turned into the 'victim' state slowly. There's the old analogy of how you go about cooking a frog that comes to mind. You don't throw a frog into boiling water, cuz he'll just jump out. You place em' in cool water, in a pot, and slowly turn up the heat. He never realizes he's getting 'cooked' until it’s too late. He just stays in there until he's finally cooked. I know its a simply analogy, but I believe this is how it basically works. If JW's were forced to state a disclaimer at the door about the whole religion, they would get very few people willing to jump into 'boiling' water (IMO). Instead, the JW presents the peculiarities of the religion slowly to the new 'believer'.

It’s an indoctrination process.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit