I Don't Hate JW's. I Just Think They're Wrong

by minimus 33 Replies latest jw friends

• jgnat
    jgnat

Every once in a while, a one-post-wonder wanders in to chat and declares, "You-all hate JW's!" I always reply, I love my JW. And I do. Wicked organization, spineless leaders, misguided followers. The WTBTS deserves all the kicks it gets here. But I don't hate JW's.

• heathen
    heathen

jgnat --- I can't love em either . I agree they deserve the bitch slap they get around here and can understand if someone did it peronally .

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

In his book "The True Believer" Eric Hoffer states in chapter 14 page 91.that Hatred is one of seven "UNIFYING AGENTS".

"Hatred is the most accessible and comprehensive of all unifying agents.It pulls and swirls the individual away from his own self,makes him oblivious of hiis weal and future,frees him of jealousies and self-seeking.He becomes an anonymous particle quivering with a craving to fuse and coalesce with his like into one flaming mass."

He mentions people like Hitler,Chiang Kai-shek and Stalin whose Hatred of persons,caused the concentrating of all hatred on a single foe,a single category.

I don't hate the Society or individual JW.'s only the wrongs that have been done by them to others.And exposing those wrongs is not done out of hatred.

Blueblades

• minimus
    minimus

Exposing the wrongs is a DUTY! We have to help people realize that this ain't the "TRUTH"!!!!

• core
    core

Used to be a saying at elders schools (about handling judicial cases) "You should hate the sin but love the sinner "- seems apt here

• minimus
    minimus

I'm curious about something. Some have expressed their hatred over JW's. Is there anything you really HATE?

• greven
    greven

Don't hate the symptom hate the cause!

Most JW's are just victims, by hating them you actually strenthen their resolve that they must have the truth. They use jesus words that his followers would be hated and persecuted. Hating them only confirms this.

What we must hate, what I hate: the willful use of lies, misinformation and mindcontrol techniques to enslave people to a system or organisation that does more harm than good. The repressing of the intellect, critical thinking and free speech. THAT's what I hate. I pity the victims and their delusions, we should love them and thus prove them wrong!

Greven

• BLISSISIGNORANCE
    BLISSISIGNORANCE
    Many xJWs express different feelings towards those that are still in.

I personally don't feel pity for anyone who chooses to stay in the borg because I believe they stay for their own self-gratification.

I find it hard to feel pity for people who know, or at the very least have some idea, of what the WTS is up to, and choose to support it. Let's be honest............alot of dubs know about the UN scandal. Yet when confrunted, they will give the standard speel about the library card. Had it been any other religious group, they would not hesitate to say how bad they are for joining the wild beast.

Dubs will protect the borg's reputation and name rather than stick their necks out to protect children from pedophiles

I believe that every JW is doing it for themselves. It makes them feel righteous/superior/redeemed/judgemental/.............and safe! Yes, they will do anything to get through Armageddon, anything, including turning a blind eye to the corruption and abuse! Turn on their friends, spy on them, report them, and even be witnesses against them.............anything it takes to be saved.

I have thought about every dub I've ever known and I truley believe that each one of them is ultimately in it for themselves. Every hour they report, every mag they place, every RTV, every meeting, every dinner invite, every word of encouragement, every smile, every CO they host, every answer, every poor sister they help,........................it's all brownie points for THEM! And they keep going because the trick is that they convince themselves they are doing it for God.Oh yes, we know you can't earn salvation, it's undeserved kindness..............but they work at it to earn it.

This is something I posted on a different forum a couple of weeks ago.

• minimus
    minimus

Blissing, Good post! Greven, too!

• berylblue
    berylblue

I feel for the ones still in. Esp. my friend who, after I emailed her just a one-thought sentence (among many, which were mostly concern for her and telling her about what I was doing), said, "Satan is much more intelligent than you."

She is an extremely intelligent woman; but she really believes that the UN, silentlambs, the stock in dubious companies, etc., are all things Satan is using to dupe foolish ones like me, who disobey the WTS and play around on the internet.

Up until this past January, I myself would not look at anti-JW sites, even though I had been DF for about 9 years. The brainwashing is that thorough.

But even more tragic: There are others who do not have the intelligence to ever see through it; since they lack reasoning skills of their own, they rely on what has been inculcated in them by the WTS (these seem to be Witnesses born in to the "truth"). "This is the spiritual paradise, we are the happiest people on earth, Jehovah is using the WTS". They can often only parrot what they hear. For example, I used a water pistol to try to keep my cat off my furniture (I didn't shoot at her, but right near her. Was recommended by a vet. A sister freaks out at me: "We are not supposed to have guns". I explained to her fine, I'd go buy a spray bottle, but this wasn't being used as a gun even for play.

She didn't get it. She couldn't get it. It was beyond her.

I have too many sad examples of persons, many raised in the truth, who lack the mental capacity to grasp the inequities. I especially feel for these ones, because they are the ones who will inevitably get screwed over, will hurt like hell, but not realize they don't have to stick around for further abuse.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit