Hey jesus! So tell us all about heaven!

by nowwhat? 15 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

I always wondered, how come the apostles never asked Jesus what heaven is like compare to earth. And wouldn't they be bugging Jesus to tell them all kind of stories of such?

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

Jesus did write many accounts of of heaven and how wonderful it would be when his followers got there. Unfortunately, those written accounts are invisible! Oh well!

just saying!

• EverApostate
    EverApostate

Yes, Small J should have told all about the pomp and glory of heaven and also about this Universe and the Biology of living things. Yet he only spoke about donkeys, trees, slaves and hellfire.

Good reason for me to conclude he is a myth or just another human being who might have been nailed to the cross for a horrible death.

• steve2
    steve2

Well if Jesus existed and is everything his followers claimed he was/is, I’m sure not every conversation he had with his early followers was (eventually) recorded (or remembered). Which is very different from arguing that his followers never asked what heaven was like.

• fulltimestudent
    fulltimestudent

Steve2 wwrote: "I’m sure not every conversation he had with his early followers was (eventually) recorded (or remembered). Which is very different from arguing that his followers never asked what heaven was like."

And then there is the problem of knowing what Jesus really did say and teach, Of course, our former loving brothers believe that everything in the gospel accounts records exactly what jesus said and did. But these accounts were written at least two decades after jesus died.

Can you recount precisely conversations you had with someone 20 or 30 years ago? That's why the holy spirit mythology was likely invented.

Of course, the Jewish homeland was by then, heavily influenced by Hellenic (Greek) thinking and beliefs. And, it was a common belief that the Greek gods could come down and walk among humans and have conversations with them. Does any today, imagine that those conversations and visitations were real? But, back then it was a common belief.

• zeb
    zeb

heaven? the earth will do me.. with a lot more trees that is.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

Doesn’t matter what jesus said because the 4 gospels if believed were written by people that weren’t there, so they had no idea.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

If Jesus had sayings of a life saving message why did`nt HE write them down ?

Moses was supposed to be a lesser prophet than Jesus , however Moses wrote down the first five books of the Bible , no mean feat since he lived some 2000 years after the events he was writing about.

Jesus on the other hand being the son of GOD and the future King ruling over earth for a thousand years apparently did`nt think he had anything to say that was worth writing down about for future generations .?

makes you wonder doesn`t it ?

• LostAdam
    LostAdam

Thanks God moron John gave us more insight about heavens. lol

• joey jojo
    joey jojo

Great question nowwhat.

Steve, your comment raises an important issue, well, to me anyway. :)

Jesus was supposed to be the most powerful, important creature to ever walk the earth, the son of God. Why wouldn't EVERY word that came put of his mouth be recorded to help all of humanity? This was our one big chance in history to get the answers to everything we have always wondered about.

They could have asked medical, scientific, philosophical questions- anything at all.

Jesus could have even given some simple advice like: 'hey guys, you might want to start boiling water before you drink it'. That single bit of advice would have saved more lives than the lives lost from every war in history- water-borne disease is still the number one killer according to WHO.

There are so many questions Jesus could have answered but it seems no one thought to ask. That seems kind of weird.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit