All Day K.H. Maintenance Meeting !!!!

by Poztate 18 Replies latest jw friends

• Lostandfound
    Lostandfound

Your responsibility to pay a for the chair you use and the carpet you tread, how to walk on edge of a aisles to make carpeting last longer (in Buckingham Palace staff have to walk down sides of all corridors to preserve carpet, good enough for HM Queens home OK for KH!)

• blondie
    blondie

I thought there was a recent BOE letter on strict safety policies in the WTS...perhaps there are been more "accidents" and injuries and lawsuits. Or could be non-jw advisors to the WTS/GB and insurance worries from a different viewpoint might be pressuring lifetime jws in charge to change...

• undercover
    undercover

The memories that sometimes pop up after reading certain posts...

We once had a Ministerial Servants meeting headed up by the lead MS (didn't know there was such a thing did you? Well, he was the PO's son, so when in a monarchy...)Anyway, this meeting was on how to properly roll up the roving microphone cables after each use. Like we were roadies for a traveling band.

Once had a meeting with all the cleaning dept heads at the assembly hall, led by the assembly hall's keeper elder (who lived there. Kinda like the old janitor in Harry Potter actually). We were using too much cleaning fluid and disposables. So to ensure keeping costs down, all liquid cleaning supplies were moved from original containers to new bottles and diluted with water. And 'special' cleaners (read: uncut in original Scrubbing Bubbles cans) were kept under lock and key, accessed only by the AH elder in charge.

• blondie
    blondie

some jws were probably stealing the cleaning supplies for use at home; along with paper towels and toilet paper...I remember helping the brothers get locks for the paper holders and toilet paper holders in the restrooms. Some jws just unrolled the tp to take home.

• Saename
    Saename

We already had this one-day program about cleaning in our Kingdom Hall a few months ago... But I can't tell you anything about it. I just ignored it and didn't go.

• Poztate
    Poztate

Short Update... The program is being run by the LDC. It is indeed all day and they were told to pack a lunch and have "sturdy shoes" WTF (do running shoes count) My Wife is not impressed but naturally will still go. I will try to pry update out of her after the event.

I still think it's about safety and liability issues. Naturally since this KH is owned by WT not the locals it is in their interest to keep the property in pristine condition for when they sell it.

Sir 82 I think you nailed it completely.

Watchtower Free... Had to laugh at the cover but what is scary is in the near future you might see something like it for real

Undercover... It looks like micro managing goes back a long way and it is only getting more intense

• Wayward
    Wayward

I can see it now. 'Does Your Choice of Toilet Bowl Cleaner Bring Honor to Jehovah?'

'The Feather Duster- Innocent Cleaning Tool or Pagan Pitfall?'

'Dust Mites- A Wondrous Creation of Jehovah!'

'Black Mold- A Satanic Delusion'

Seriously though, I heard of one congregation that had to leave its KH because of black mold.

• Richard_I
    Richard_I

This is happening in my area too here in Canada. There's a term for it but I forget what it's called. Congregations will now be responsible for the maintenance of their kingdom halls, and I mean maintenance, not just cleaning. Members will be trained on various things, including maintenance of the equipment (such as the lawn mowers, some are taken completely apart and shown how to reassemble and fix issues on the mower) and even some plumbing and electrical. There's a lot that is taught, or so I've been told. My hall hasn't had it yet.

• Poztate
    Poztate

Wayward...Thanks for the laughs and Richard-i thanks for the update

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit