All Day K.H. Maintenance Meeting !!!!

by Poztate 18 Replies latest jw friends

• Poztate
    Poztate

The whole congregation was required to sign up for this all day program.What are they going to talk about for the full day. Maybe a one hour talk by an Elder about "Responsible Toilet Cleaning In This Time Of The End" with demos as how it can be accomplished. Only sisters seem to need to listen to that one.

Maybe cutting grass to the proper height so we don't bring reproach on Jehovah's name.(Another hour shot)

Thirty different ways to lubricate a lock with a special video presentation by a governing body member.

I don't know for sure but I would think this has more to do with liability issues and the need for the WT to shield itself from any litigation that might result from injuries. They already have this type of program in place for the construction crews.

I can see them highlighting safety gear such as safety glasses,boots.hard hats and hearing protection.How to use an eye wash station for caustic irritation and maybe a short emergency first aid lesson. A lesson on how to lift properly would no doubt be in there also.

At the end of the day I can see them handing out a nice little form for everyone to sign to show that they have been taught the proper way to do things and releasing the WT from any liability claims.

I don't know. This is all pure speculation on my part. Anyone been to one of the meetings or have any further information? I would love to see a form for example. This smells like the type of meeting that would have one to sign.

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010

Never heard of such thing before. There were meetings related to the facilities, but one-day affairs? Never heard of it.

• konceptual99
    konceptual99
    This is part of the LDC arrangement.
  • fukitol
    fukitol

Sounds like BS. A whole day program on KH maintenance? Please get your facts right first.

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

The whole KH maintenance system has changed after the replacement of the RBC with LDC. In the past congregations were responsible for minor works (e.g. replacing broken tiles in the toilets, fixing the roof etc). Now these have been put into the responsibility of the LDC. The only thing the local congregation is responsible for is the cleaning and basic preventative maintenance.

These meetings are to explain to the local congregation what they can do to help keep the hall in tip-top condition and reduce the need to call in the LDC. It's the sort of thing they could easily talk about in 30 minutes instead of a normal public talk but they have to make some meal of going over and over and over contrived interpretations of biblical texts so they can relate them to petty nonsense about cleaning.

• tiki
    tiki

More rules and regulations and protocols and follow the program or its your bones the birds will pick.

• tiki
    tiki

Oh....and can you wear normal work attire...jeans and a scruffy tee shirt or do we clean all digged out in our jcp suit and tie and skirts below the taboo knee?

• sir82
    sir82

Sounds like an LDC thing.

The WTS' "master plan" includes rigorous maintenance of existing KHs, and the LDCs are the taskmasters.

So yeah, I'd expect an hour of "Jehovah's house" and "clean organization" and "God of order" and all that hoo-ha, followed by, yes, instructions on what not to flush in the toilets, how to maintain HVAC, wear your safety goggles when changing a light bulb, and so on.

The WTS is rapidly transforming into a real-estate development corporation instead of a printing corporation. Gotta train the locals to protect their investments.

• Watchtower-Free
  • Quarterback
    Quarterback

You're being sucked into a big cleaning day. Be prepared to work.

I would start development a cough and fake a cold for that date. You'll find out later in a 5 min update.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit