This week's (Jan 29th - Feb 4th) CLAM meeting "terrorist attack" video ...

by freddo 10 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• freddo
    freddo

This week's CLAM meeting has a video from jwborg entitled Refreshing Those “Toiling and Loaded Down” about the Organisation's response to two terrorist's attacks in New York (Twin Towers) and Paris (Bataclan 2015).

To me it is more about a back slapping "Look what we do for you" than a "left hand not letting the right know" (Matt 6 v 3) action of love and care.

... ... ... ... ... ...

If you've read this far - by contrast please google "Didi Bataclan Paris" to read about a true unsung hero. Not forgetting the true heroes of 9/11 ...

... ... ... ... ...

Am I too cynical?

• Drearyweather
    Drearyweather

For JW's here in India, this video would be more of an informational video of what happened to other JW's during 9/11.

For me, rather than comment on intention behind the video, I take this time to sympathize with the JW's in the video who lost their loved ones in the attack.

• freddo
    freddo

You are a good person with a good heart drearyweather; like I asked "am I being too cynical?"

• St George of England
    St George of England

No you are not too cynical.

WT Society uses any bad news, disaster or suffering to further their aims.

They have no real sympathy.

George

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

And yet the greatest irony is, that if Jehovah brought on Armageddon the day before those attacks, BILLIONS would have been killed in what amounts to a mass divine terrorist attack!

So HOW can JWs mourn the loss of people to terrorism, when their very God will carry out a much worse attack "at any moment"!?

(according to JW theology, those who died in a terrorist attack actually are better off, as they will be guaranteed a ressurection into the paradise new world because they died before Armageddon, right? So it's good that they died, right?)

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010

You are not cynical at all, freddo. The WT loves to criticize everything bad that happens in the world, except what they enjoy from it. They do nothing for anybody under the excuse that the world isn't worth saving, which is why I have no respect for them.

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

No you're not being too cynical. JWs owe a debt of gratitude to those who built that monument for including their 13 fallen New York JW brethren who died in that attack.

This video is just another reminder of how small-minded the WTBTS is!

• steve2
    steve2

For me, rather than comment on intention behind the video, I take this time to sympathize with the JW's in the video who lost their loved ones in the attack.

I learn something new everyday: I did not realize that only JWs lost loved ones in the attack.

• Drearyweather
    Drearyweather
    I learn something new everyday: I did not realize that only JWs lost loved ones in the attack.

Thank you for making fun of my comment. This is the only thing I can say. Have a nice day sir

• freddo
    freddo

Like I said Dreary, you're a good person.

But Steve 2 is a good and thoughtful member here as well and he makes a reasonable point.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit