Hello Everybody

by Thomas the Bill Engine 32 Replies latest jw friends

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Yes, and don't forget to be a teenager and young adult!

Enjoy life free of the society's FOG (Fear, Obligation Guilt), as it is here to be lived!

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Welcome, Thomas the Bill Engine!

I hope for your sake that you haven't been baptized. I was baptized at 14 due to pressure from my mom and the "brightly shining ones" who conducted my free ("It only costs your life") home bible studies and other elders in my congregation. My dad had decided that for him the best route was to split and pretend he wasn't married and had no family.

It is normal for teens to find that they sometimes disagree strongly with the opinions of their 'rents, but try to pause at least once a day and be grateful that your Dad did not abandon you. Also, be sympathetic to your Mom's devotion to a pathetic failed religion that has convinced her that IT can provide her and her beloved offspring with eternal life in a paradise earth. You will have opportunities to resist her silly religion, but never forget that YOU may play an important part in getting your Mom out of her foolish delusions.

I am an atheist. I do not believe there is any such thing as a "spirit realm" populated by gods, devils, angels, demons, "holy spirit" or any other thing that human beings imagine.

You may not agree with me -- yet. That is OK by me.

I urge you to be involved in NO "theocratic" activities. No "Ministry School" (take debate and public speaking classes in school if you can - these are useful skills, but you don't need the baggage of JW mysticism that come with Kingdom Hall activities. NO "Door-to-door" ministry. If you are forced, walk as slow as you can and leave magazines at every single door you come to - but "forget" to ring the bell or "witness" to people.

...more later, perhaps.

• steve2
    steve2

Hi Thomas.

Time is so on your side. Take it slow. JWs will try to flick you into emergency mode (e.g., the end is fast approaching, get into the ark of salvation, time's running out fast, etc), but you can stay in cruise mode for the time being. The only "problem" might be your own sense of impatience and irritation with your mother.

Mothers give birth and then spend the next decades driving their sons nuts.

You sound psychologically mature for a 15-year-old so I hope you go well.

There is nothing whatsoever to be gained from haste.

It's like that Scripture from Matthew 24:14 says, "This boring old news of the kingdom will be preached in all the inhabited earth and then the end will still not come but you'll risk dying from boredom".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit