Hello Everybody

by Thomas the Bill Engine 32 Replies latest jw friends

• Daniel1555
    Daniel1555

Welcome Thomas.

Very nice that you introduced yourself.

Even though you sometimes might feel to be stuck; you are free.... Free to live according to your conscience and not anymore by illogical and unloving rules of a human organisation.

You have your whole life to figure out what you wanna believe or not believe. But one thing is important. Be positive and enjoy life.... it is wonderful.

All the best in your situation.

• cha ching
    cha ching

Hey Thomas, good for you!

Hopefully, being so young, you will have time to untangle your brain from 'the wicked web WT weaves' in it's attempts to deceive... and be able to lead a cult free life.

Make friends with people outside the JW's, young and old, join clubs, talk to teachers at school, and get closer to your dad. Enjoy life, and MOST of all... do not feel guilty whilest doing so.... but be careful, haha!

You are only 15, how I wish..... I am now older, just found out about the lies the WT told 5 years ago. My husband and kids got out too! I can't look back, just go forward, and learn the lessons from the past, right?

Like Faydunaway said, everyone here can relate, and you will have a sounding board, a place to ask questions, seek answers and we all understand what it is like to be there.

Take care, cha ching!

• konceptual99
    konceptual99
    Welcome
  • smiddy
    smiddy

Welcome TTBE your among friends here

Take care mate

smiddy

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Welcome!

Is your Father a member of this forum too?

Would love to see a thread entitled "Thomas...I AM YOUR FATHER!" (star wars style....)

• Stirred
    Stirred

Welcome Thomas. Sounds like you've been going through a tough period with parents and divided religious/ philosophical views.

Keep confirming your love for your parents despite differing opinions. Love is very powerful and can help you all through this time.

I have a son your age. He is not on here but is still working through some issues.

Wishing you great success in your new pursuits. You are clearly a strong, critical thinker who takes initiative...all qualities of a good leader.

• Thomas the Bill Engine
    Thomas the Bill Engine

Thanks everybody! In reply to Village, I'm living with my mom, she makes me and my sisters go to the meetings regardless of what I say about it. My two sisters (9 and 11) don't really believe either, but it's mostly because they're bored, not for real reasons. I can't wait until I'm old enough to leave and seek my own beliefs instead of accepting the ones that have been pounded into my head since birth.

Again, thank you guys! ^^

• alecholmesthedetective
    alecholmesthedetective
    Hello Thomas and welcome!
  • zeb
    zeb

Welcome aboard.

don't be afraid to ask any question. No questions are silly only theones not asked.

cheers

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

Welcome!

I know it's hard with your mom, but she really is trying to do the right thing in raising you in a religion she believes in, so be patient and respectful.You will be an adult enough and able to live your life on your own terms.

Lisa 🌹

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit