Have you ever thought what the primary teaching of Jehovah’s Witnesses is?

by Half banana 33 Replies latest watchtower bible

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Protestants accept their Canon on the basis of Tradition.

And The JW`s blindly followed what the protestants accepted simply to be different and apart from the Catholics.

How could all scripture be inspired and beneficial when not all scripture had even been written when this scripture was penned ?

What about all of the other "scriptures" that were written that have not been included in the Bible that imperfect human men (not women) deemed was not to be included in the cannon ,judged by their human imperfect wisdom ?

On the other hand they keep changing their beliefs so often how does any JW keep up with their core beliefs?

• zophar
    zophar
    Actually the religion of Jehovah's Witnesses is not biblical. Every single doctrine which is unique to Jehovah's Witnesses is in fact, extra-biblical.... and that includes the entire foundation of Watchtower authority.

"Organization " - extra-biblical

"Governing Body" - extra-biblical

"Blood transfusion" - extra-biblical

"LDC" - extra-biblical

"Disfellowshipped" - extra-biblical

"Shun" - extra-biblical

"Overlapping" - extra-biblical

"Channel of communication" - extra-biblical

"Kingdom Hall" - extra-biblical

"Jehovah's Witnesses" - extra-biblical.

(At least Church or Congregation are Biblical terms)

"Publisher" - extra-biblical

"Pioneer" - extra-biblical

......none of these are NWT Biblical terms Yet they never "go beyond the things that are written?" - 1 Corinthians 4:6

• Half banana
    Half banana

@Smiddy, the NWT distorts the meaning at 2nd Tim 3,16. The writer said "god-inspired" writing is beneficial, he was referring to what we might call today any inspirational writing. He said that all of that was good...a bit of a platitude really but as you stress, he could not possibly be referring to the Bible. The verse before, v15 uses a different Greek expression to refer to Hebrew scriptures.

If as a JW you have your mind rewired by the GB brain reconfiguration programme, Bible meanings will now fit your preconception i.e. that Paul said the Bible is from God. That is not what Paul wrote and the Bible is most certainly not from God. It is terribly flawed, entirely human and full of bestial Iron Age fantasies.

The second point (repetition for emphasis!) If the Bible really did say "All of the Bible is inspired", that would be no evidence of any fact or any more truthful than you, me or an intelligent parrot saying "our words are inspired by God".

Wakey wakey! Jehovah's Witnesses.

• Steel
    Steel

I am no bible expert but it seems to me the new testament seems to have two major themes.

1. The transfer of blessings and promises from the Jewish people to the church or body of Christ.

2. Becoming the new creature or person in Christ.

Neither of these apply to a Jehovah witness. It all seems quite bizarre. The whole saved though association to the governing body and the organization.

I wonder if the average dub really understands this?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit