JWs are bigger and more successful than the Mormon church

by joe134cd 48 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Justaguy
    Justaguy

If everywhere were Scotland we would all have cool accents, kilts and failed livers…. But since everywhere isnt Scotland, your “extensive local research” is indicative of nothing more than just that, “local research”. You are free to use any stat you’d like, up to and including the number of angels on the head of a pin, as the basis of your conclusion, but dont expect to be taken seriously

• waton
    waton

if true, the numbers suggest the wt inc will never give up the relentless preaching, and 'buller brush' type training sessions aka "service meetings, midweek worship"

LDS members have only 2 years of service misery, for wt workers it is unrelenting, eternal.

factoid re workers:

wt has it opposite to bees. In the colony, the drones, workers, are the males, the queen fertile.

wt has a mostly female bumble bee "army" scouring the world for the harvest, the heads, 8, mostly infertile, or non-reproducing males.

• pistolpete
    pistolpete

wt has it opposite to bees. In the colony, the drones, workers, are the males, the queen fertile.

wt has a mostly female bumble bee "army" scouring the world for the harvest,

the heads, 8, mostly infertile, or non-reproducing males.

🤣🤣🤣

• luckynedpepper
    luckynedpepper

JWs clearly indicate that baptism is full fledged membership. Peak publishers include many who are not members, may never fully become members. I would posit that actual JW membership is 8-10% lower than the 8million mark

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    Even with that, JW Memorial attendance is similar to Adventist membership numbers at around the 20 million mark, which may be a fairer comparison than the stricter JW “publisher” count.

For once, Slim, I couldn't disagree more with you!

We know the kind of folks who get guilted into going to the memorial in order that their family doesn't completely shut them out. Or the polite neighbour who wants to keep an elderly friend happy.

Watchtower is probably having very similar issues to the Mormons at present. I would say the current figure Watchtower claims , which has remained at 8 million for I don't know how long, is wildly optimistic.

5 million fully invested members would be a more sensible figure.

JustAGuY If everywhere were Scotland we would all have cool accents, kilts and failed livers

🤣😂😭😭 I'm dying!

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

Slim- Are you implying that

(1)Wt is been totally honest and transparent with its counting methods. The definition of membership, and been counted, differs between the two faiths.

(2) Wt is been dishonest, with its counting, in that it down plays its membership rather than pumping the numbers up, when compared to the LDS.

• LV101
    LV101

I'm glad I took the time to read Slim's statistical comparisons - it makes sense. I'm shocked.

I wonder if the Morman religion is still as wealthy as it once was. I can't recall the latest about WT's finances -- so much real estate money.

• waton
    waton

mormons baptize the dead, even non members. do they count them as active?

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

I would like to correct an error I made. The activity rates for the LDS could lie any where between 3-4 million members. I've broken the video into time slots to give a more definitive and direct answer. The video is fascinating, and may force us to rethink our position on JW statistics. I would hope that MR JWFACTS will read this as well. The real discussion on statistics is from the 21min - 1:45 mark

But since everywhere isn't Scotland, your “extensive local research” is indicative of nothing more than just that, “local research”.

21-31min A similar observation is made, to Slim, with regard to church attendance. The exception is that he was a Mormon Bishop covering two Australian states.

i have argued many times that number of congregations is the best statistic for comparison for number reasons.

50min - 1hour They support slims argument on counting congregations.

1:33 - 1:44 Activity rates in the UK at around 14.7% of the 188,000 members claimed by the LDS. Interestingly he makes the statement that there could be 30,000 active members in Australia. Considering that the Australian JW figure is 67,000, could reflect JW membership is considerably higher at an international level.

1:03 - 1:07 If it wasn't for Africa the LDS would of been in decline 4-5 years ago. In recent times the LDS has only just managed to grow by 1%. I think the JWs have grown by just over 1%. Lets just say their growth is comparable.

1:30 - 1:32 Units opening and closing around the world. Europe in decline. Growth in Africa. Mixed bag in north America perhaps indicating inaccurate counting by the church. South America not looking good. Asia in decline.

00:42 - 00:47 Phantom LDS members in Polynesia. Tonga could end up having more LDS than what live on the island due to inaccurate counting methods.

00:36 - 00:39 unnecessary buildings been built that cant be supported by the local members.

1:45 - 1:50 Its wealth. It has annual income of $US400 billion that it generates off its assets. WT is nothing compared to wealth of the LDS.

• Earnest
    Earnest

joe134cd : [LDS] has annual income of $US400 billion that it generates off its assets.

Just a small point, joe, but I believe the claim is that the LDS have $400 billion worth of assets like stocks, land, buildings, real estate which could generate income. If we assume an interest rate of 7% that would be an annual income of $28 billion. Then, of course, you add to that the tithing, bequests etc.

Another interesting remark by Simon Southerton when discussing the Ensign Peak/Huntsman case was

What's moral and what's legal ain't the same thing and if you start following lawyers, and the church does it, you are going to do things that stink.

I couldn't help thinking that is true of Jehovah's Witnesses as well.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit