Hip Hip Hooray yyy

by smiddy3 23 Replies latest jw friends

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

what are they replacing your hip with , Smid ?

• Queequeg
    Queequeg

My mom had both hips replaced in the last year. She was up walking the same evening, both times. She doesn't regret doing it.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Speedy Recovery Mate!

• under the radar
    under the radar

Good luck, smiddy3! Looking forward to seeing you back on here with a full report on how wonderful your surgery went. Take care.

• titch
    titch

Good for you, Smiddy3, good for you. I don't know what kind of health insurance and health care system that you have over there in Australia, but I'm sure that you'll do fine. About a month ago we had some correspondence regarding my own HRS. I am still "debating in my mind" as to when to have the other hip surgery done. My first "order of business" over here is to get the corona virus vaccination done, and then, I'll concern myself with the left hip done. Best Regards!

Titch.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Thank you all for your kind words and well wishes .Its been two weeks to the day that I had my OP and every thing seems to be going well.Outside the home I use two crutches and inside I use one crutch to get around.They get you up and walking with a walker the very next day and then exercises and walking everyday since.

I had a Titanium and plastic? hip replacement and I still feel pain/ache in my left hip/leg that is worse during the night and keeps me from getting a good nights sleep

Hopefully continuing with rehab that will soon pass.

Thanks again for your kind thoughts and well wishes

So far I havent had a bill and dont expect to get one thanks to the Govt and the health system .looking after pensioners.

• jhine
    jhine

Wishing you a speedy recovery . Glad it all went well .

Jan

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

good news SM3--i was only thinking earlier we hadnt heard from you for a while.

• waton
    waton

amazing ! recuperating slowly like that, and simultaneously satisfying your partner at the 60ies wedding anniversary. as described in that concurrent thread.

• Bill Covert
    Bill Covert

Prince died from pain killers because he needed new hips but the blood transfusion policy prevented the surgery.

What was that old line we were taught "know the truth and the truth will set you free". What do you think Prince would of paid to be in your shoes.

Heal well!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit