Request----Federal Post Office Inspector!

by Atlantis 22 Replies latest jw friends

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

Atlantis:

Do you have a copy of a letter that was sent out by a congregation overseer, with a complaint from the Federal Post Office Inspector, concerning letters being sent out by JW's?

Yes, I have it, but very few people show any interest in the letters anymore. They seem to care less! So, what is the use? If you really want it, let me know and I'll post it in the replies below.

Atlantis!

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee

I would like to see it, if you can post it with any personal names omitted.

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

I'll be right back with a couple of links for you and I will redact the elders name.

Cookie thief!

• Atlantis
  • dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee

Thanks, I was able to view the document in the first of the two links.

I don't doubt the veracity of the letter, but I do question whether it was truly the Postal Inspection Service which made a complaint. I worked for the USPS for almost twenty years, and they don't use the name Federal PO Inspector, nor do they use the acronym FPOI. The Inspection Service doesn't get involved much in routine complaints, they have bigger fish to fry; mail fraud, theft of the mails, etc. I think it more likely that a local supervisor had received complaints and made a call to the elder.

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

US Postal Inspectors are stationed next to my group. I concur with DropOffYourKeyLee - this is outside the duties of US Postal Inspectors.

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

I think it more likely that a local supervisor had received complaints and made a call to the elder.

That very well could be, and I think a lot of the descriptive writing in that letter was done by the elder. Elders have been known to make something out of nothing.

Atlantis!

• Bangalore
    Bangalore

Thanks Atlantis.

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

Bangalore:

You are very welcome!

Atlantis!

• Bill Covert
    Bill Covert

I had the US Postal Inspector sicked on me. It seems a wanaby elder took my letters to the postal inspector, raising the alarm that i might bomb the Kingdom Hall. Had the Postal Inspectors card in my door. He called on the phone. He said he carefully read my letters and found no real threats, just mental games. He interestingly said that these types of letters were not that unusual. We discussed the situation, the loss of family, the shunning. Can't remember if he knew of others homes wrecked by church. I explained on how i was just mind fucking the elders. He said just be careful, i replied that I was very cautious to always never to confront any publisher lest trigger grounds for a restraining order.

Basically, the same conversation i had with city police as to letter taped to church doors. The officer was aware of shunning policies. He said same thing be careful. I said same thing as to keeping distance so as not to trigger a restraining order.

Those letters were what the GB was talking about in the 2013 convention talk "Human Apostates" , when they warned the publishers that a new apostate tactic was encountered that of apostate letters mailed to publishers homes.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit