jaydee
    You should get a tattoo of
    ''1914 The Generation That Will Not Pass Away ..blah blah blah''
    I know it's a lot of words....

You can do it as QR-Code - scan this one:

• SecretSlaveClass
    SecretSlaveClass
    Stealth:
    If a JW got that on his arm he could rack up pioneer hours just hanging out at the park.

That made me laugh. Thanks!

I almost got a tattoo in the military then decided against it. I far prefer the look of clean, healthy skin. There are two kinds of tattoos I detest:

The "tramp stamp" - nothing says "I'm trash" like these do, even though it may not be true of the person at all. Social stigma I suppose.

The "Tough guy" - usually barbed wire or tribal designs around the bicep. It's not so much the tattoo that's the problem, but almost every guy I knew or know with one tries ridiculously hard to portray the character of a "tough guy" and are invariably bullies. Of the dozens I know or knew who had them, only two were real tough guys who also happened to be among the quietest, gentlest people I know. I'm willing to bet you're also one of the latter sort, Stealth.

I remember back in the day when tattoos weren't as common as they are now and were largely confined to sailors, ex-cons, military types and bikers. Now fourteen year olds have them .... SMH.

• baker
    baker
    If u live long enuf you,ll start to grow your own tattoos...
  • Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

I saw a video not long ago on JW.org about getting a tattoo and it was pretty convincing in all counts. WebMd also has info as to why it is not a wise idea.

Check it out, then do whatever you want anyway.

DY🙂

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    I'm thinking of getting one that says "TTATT". :smirk:
  • steve2
    steve2

It almost took me an arm and a leg and most my life to get away from the JWs. Even if I wanted to, I ain't got no where left to put a tattoo in commemoration of the disfigurement I endured in leaving......

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe
    I'm thinking of getting one that says "TTATT"

I mused on that thought briefly. Decided that I probably would get tired of being asked why I got a tattoo that says it's a tattoo. Which would probably be followed by someone pointing out that they spelled tat wrong.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    If it were done creatively, it could be a good conversation peace... or better yet, a "long story" thing to make a pretty girl think you were mysterious. :smirk:
  • Thursday
    Thursday

I got a text tattoo shortly after I left, although it had been planned for about 6 months prior. I feel it sums everything up very succinctly.

It's from a Walt Whitman poem: "Poem of Joys":

"O,while I live

to be the ruler of life

not a slave

to meet life as a

powerful conqueror

and nothing exterior

shall ever take

command

of me"

Share this

Google+