JW Tattoos

by bradford 21 Replies latest jw friends

• bradford
    bradford

I'm sure there are countless opinions on whether you should get a tattoo or not. My personal view is that if you were to get one it should mean something.

Anyone get a tattoo to remember their JW roots? I was thinking of getting a tetragrammaton somewhere. I think it looks cool, and is symbolic of a large part of my life.

Thoughts?

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe
    i have enough scars from my time as a JW, I don't need a tattoo to remember it. If I were to get something, though, it would be to remember my awakening and freedom, not my enslavement. I've considered getting something properly irreverent like a pentagram or something like that but I suspect that'd be misunderstood by most.
  • Stealth
    Stealth

Before I left, I did all kinds of things to provoke the elders but just short of them being able to do anything other than label me as a B.A. (Bad Attitude).

They can say very little about getting a tat, after all the scripture that says not to, also says not to trim your beard in the very next verse. So no tat, means I get to grow a beard.

I settled for a tribal design around my bicep with the Japanese Kanji symbol for Truth on the underside close to my heart. The same symbol of my avatar.

I showed it off to as many JWs as I could just to mess with the elders on how stupid their rules were. Many liked it.

But in reality, it stood for the fact that I knew the real Truth about the Truth but I never told them that.

Anyone who tried to make an issue, I would just go back to the scripture and say, so I can grow a beard then and never cut it? Cool! Shut them up fast.

No regrets! The beard did come later.

• Island Man
    Island Man
    I wonder what the elders would say if a JW got a tattoo of the JW.org logo on his chest?
  • Stealth
    Stealth

I.M. wonder what the elders would say if a JW got a tattoo of the JW.org logo on his chest?

Not visible enough for outward display. If a JW got that on his arm he could rack up pioneer hours just hanging out at the park.

Advertise! Advertise! Advertise! JW.org the governing body's kingdom.

• Stealth
    Stealth

Bradford,

Maybe go with one of the beasts from the revelation book.

• jaydee
    jaydee

You should get a tattoo of

''1914 The Generation That Will Not Pass Away ..blah blah blah''

I know it's a lot of words,

but you need to put it somewhere that , like the generation itself, can stretch further and further out...........you'll think of somewhere...

• Finkelstein
  • bradford
    bradford
    So helpful
  • disfellowshipped1

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit