2019-October 8, BOE!

by Atlantis 15 Replies latest jw friends

• tiki
    tiki

Oh boy...hah...I remember that assist program. And I remember that it was highly insulting as there were some pretty dumb and inept real work dodgers who fashioned themselves "pioneers".....they were the ones needing sprucing up.

In my immature and illadvised youth I was on the Pioneer list for 9 months...I quit as they were about to kick me off for not having the requisite 7 bible studies and showing my knees....but in those months I was treated like royalty...all for having that title and wasting precious hours of life. Jesus said all of you are brothers...peers...equals in other words. So their setting people apart and above is decidedly not following Jesus pattern.

• jazzmaniac91
    jazzmaniac91

I totally forgot about the Pioneer Assist Program until reading this thread. OH MAN that was a disaster at my Hall when I was growing up. There was a sister at my Hall who fancied herself to be a leader in the congregation because her sons were elders and whoo boy, did I catch a lot of shit from her and her daughter-in-law for not conforming to their vision of a "pioneer". And no one wanted to be paired up with either of them, which caused friction between them and the other pioneers at the hall... Being a teen in the Hall when my parents were going through their mid-life crisis and weren't even going to the meetings regular was such a crazy time in my life. I have a lot of repressed memories from that period because it was painful. Glad it's over!

• Muddy Waters
    Muddy Waters

Ha, I remember the Pioneer Assist program... I was one of the ones they tried to pair with a pioneer sister. (Aside: despite name, I am female)

Well, I was quite excited about it, because I really looked up to this sister... she was so “spiritual”, gave awesome comments, blah de blah, so amazing wonderfulness. ✨✨✨

But, heh, she wasn’t so keen, it turned out, to be paired with me. (shock, dismay, sadness, sorrow, woe is me, sinful me....) We never even went out once. Not once. Ever.

When I would ask the elders about it, the brothers (TM) would tell me that it was “still being set up” and that I should wait on Jehovah (this made no sense, wouldn’t I just wait on this sister to call me, or I call her?)

Well, as usual, “waiting on Jehovah” means... nothing. As in, Nothing happens.

I’d see her at the hall and smile hopefully at her, lol, but she’d always look away quickly or be on the other side of the hall no matter where I seemed to be, haha. Such a spiritually weak pathetic thing I must have been.

I remember the hurt feelings and confusion, but now it all means nothing. All Moot. A memory quickly dimming and fading away....

• asp59
    asp59

The leaders in this ORG have always been the best in creating division in congregacion. Funny they still doing it with all problems they have. They are bound by old rutin.

• ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara
    ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara

I remember this useless, putting-others-down program. I was a damn good pioneer if I say so myself. Not bragging but my record says it all.I used to place atleast 60 books a month, loads of mags, had 15 studies and 100's of rv's which I had a hard time keeping up with; which is a blessing in itself when one is regular pioneer. One day I was assigned to help a publisher and it never panned out well.For one I felt awkward /uncomfortable coz this publisher did not volunteer, was forced to join it coz the boe's wanted to show in their reports they were following orders.I was not ok with thisbut no choice as I did wnat to help but did not want my refusal to be taken as not wanting to help .

Secondly Pub was a very humble, timid person, shy by nature so being outspoken (may be wrong word I use but remember please english is not my first language and I struggle to get words right.I do not have a huge vocabulary); so being good at approaching people and holding a good conversation would be a challenge for such a person. It just felt forced to meet up , go out, prepare conversations , have practice sessions. e went through the farce for 3 weeks. Ultimately it fizzled out coz we both were not comfortable at all with the putting-others-down arrangement.

When it fizzled out I never pursued it.

Why have such an arrangement; when the scriptures say Luke 12:12 For at that time HolySplit will teach you what you should say !

So much for relying on god !

Zing

• Half banana
    Half banana

Muddy waters said:

“waiting on Jehovah” means... nothing. As in, Nothing happens.

If only the rest of JWs could realise this absolute "Truth"!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit