by Atlantis 15 Replies latest jw friends

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

2019-10-08 BOE

Supporting the Congregation as a Pioneer

Atlantis!
  • The Fall Guy
    The Fall Guy

Thanks again for providing us with such insights into the org's propaganda.

I noted this suggestion for pioneers to encourage non-pioneers:

"Try to involve them in a variety of forms of ministry, including public witnessing if they are approved for this by the Congregation Service Committee."

Yes, 3 windows cleaners have to give their approval before one of Jehovah's Witnesses can be deemed worthy and suitable to witness in public, but the vast majority of JW's can't see the tragic irony in such theocratic autocratic rules.

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

The Fall Guy:

Yep! The Watchtower always finds a way to reach a new LOW! They want to approve this and they want to approve that, because they think they are God.

Atlantis!

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

Could this be the reincarnation/resurrection of the 1998 'Pioneers Assist Others' program that lasted only a few years.

I remember a worldwide letter (early 2000s) that was addressed to the elders but not read to the congregations. It said something to the effect:

"The Pioneers Assist Others program has served its purpose and will be discontinued!" That was it...short & sweet...no explanation given for terminating the program back then...really weird!

It obviously was a colossal failure back then...so why recycle it?

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

JW GoneBad:

2003-11-01 BOE

See bottom of pg.1 and continue to pg.2.

Be enthused about the Pioneers Assist Others programme:

Atlantis!
  • Atlantis
    Atlantis

There are a whole bunch of BOE's on the Pioneers Assist Program, but this one speaks about the program being discontinued.

2010-June-18-BOE

Discontinuation of Pioneers Assist Others program

Atlantis!
  • Muddy Waters
    Muddy Waters

Wow, thank you! Amazing. Feels like reading “1984”...

• alanv
    alanv

I would say, the reason the org want to approve witnesses for the public witnessing work is because they are talking about working with the carts. They dont want to chance having someone on them who is half hearted or who likes to get into debates. They want the witnesses on the carts to just sit there, wait for someone to approach, and only converse with someone if there is a chance of conversion.

• dozy
    dozy

Thanks Atlantis. This brings back a few memories! I remember ( as a service overseer ) having to implement the "Pioneer Assistance Program". It was a total nightmare.

Pioneers hated it because they were very much into their routines and their cliques with the other pioneers and hated having a "tag along" that they were supposed to train. Most pioneers are pretty selfish as far as their ministry is concerned - the last thing they want is to be under an obligation to train somebody else.

Most of those being assisted hated it as well as they saw it as patronising and being singled out as "weak" etc. I remember that we had a few publishers who simply refused to go onto the program.

The whole scheme was a disaster and usually pairing arrangements broke down very quickly. Unfortunately the Society tried to keep the scheme going with occasional meeting items and COs had references in their outlines and in the pioneer meeting outline and would ask questions about how the program was going. It was a huge relief when the Society eventually stopped the whole program.

• blondie
    blondie

Why no mention of the service overseer working with the pioneer to see what specific help they need and personal encouragement?

In days gone by, the CO went D2D (to observe them in action at the door) or on a "bible study" with every regular pioneer (including sisters, no pawning them off to their wife, she has no appointed position). There is no pre-test by the elders to see if the person has good skills or needs help before or after they appoint them.

As to the Pioneer Assist program, what a joke. I knew a sister who was assigned to the congregation gossip (a regular pioneer) for so-called assistance. Now what person would confide in that kind of person. It turned out that none of the other candidates wanted to be paired with her. The sister reclined the pairing telling the service overseer that the sister was a gossip (well-known in the congregation as a gossip).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit