Sister Not Sure If She Is 144 000 or Great Crowd

by Awake at last 17 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Magnum
    Magnum

I would tell her not to worry over it. If the JW God is who he says he is, then he knows her feelings and will handle her situation in the best way. She's guaranteed happiness [according to JW belief (I wish I could believe that)], so she will fit in and feel at home wherever she ends up - earth or heaven.

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

JWs love to think of Jehovah as a reader of hearts. It brings them comfort to think that no matter what, he knows their true motive and understands their human frailties.

Tell her that Jehovah undoubtedly understands how conflicted she is and undoubtedly appreciates her taking the matter seriously and being respectful enough to withhold from partaking from the emblems when she’s not all together sure.

Perhaps it’s easier for to envision living in Heaven because she learned or had that hope before becoming a JW.

Either way, he will make sure she’s there if he wants her there and she’ll get a clear message if he calls her.

I don’t believe any of this of course but these thoughts may bring comfort to someone in their 80s who does.

• TTWSYF
    TTWSYF

It's great that you have even reached out to this lonely elderly woman. Just giving her your time is showing great love. If you trust in God [and his mercy, forgiveness, etc]. then it is totally ok and appropriate to share that hope with her. If not, share what you have and that's good too.

ttwsyf

• notsurewheretogo
    notsurewheretogo

Wait so those that have left are using a WT article to help someone still in?

There is something so right and wrong about all of this...

• caves
    caves

I like what Pete Zahut said-JWs love to think of Jehovah as a reader of hearts. It brings them comfort to think that no matter what, he knows their true motive and understands their human frailties.

Tell her that Jehovah undoubtedly understands how conflicted she is and undoubtedly appreciates her taking the matter seriously and being respectful enough to withhold from partaking from the emblems when she’s not all together sure.

& TTWSYF's It's great that you have even reached out to this lonely elderly woman. Just giving her your time is showing great love.

I think considering her age simply telling her that jehovah is the reader of hearts , combined with just listening to her (giving her your time) will do wonders. I would ask about other things that are important to her or things she likes. Make idol chit chat. Let her know that your there for her if she needs someone to talk to. That will do wonders.

My Great Grandmother was pulled into the borg when she was 75 by her daughter. She got baptized and then disfellowshiped at 78, for being a 'slut'. LMAO.(actually not very funny) She had Alzheimer's and Dementia and would frequently have guys over to help her with fixing things. So someone saw it and turned her in. Dfed, as she got violent(dementia) and was unrepentant(she did nothing wrong). And it made the old age declining mental health problems way worse. I loath those probably now dead elders and my bio fam for doing that to her. I spent lots of time with her even when she was dfd and she simply adored the company. And I enjoyed listening to what she shared about her life.

My point to that is at her age 88, I would let her lead the conversation and just be there with a listening ear. She's lonely, a little hurt and scared. Just needs a person to talk to. Keep it up beat as possible. In this case I wouldn't bring up anything contrary to her beliefs. Sometimes the greater sacrifice or way to show love is keeping our mouth shut when we want to scream. I feel for her.And for you.

Good luck.

• caves
    caves

notsurewheretogo- Shes flippin 88! Would you condemn her to the last of life trying to loosen her cognitive dissonance? She could die from the stress of it you know! In my mind that would make me a murderer.

It is the right thing to do in this circumstance given the info.

Example- My uncles father was hallucinating in the days before he passed away in the hospital. He saw (thought he saw) a spider on the wall, his son with tears in his eyes went to the wall and smacked it and said 'I got it dad, its gone." His dad calmed back down. Did the son lie? Yes! Under the circumstances that was the right thing to do.

• notsurewheretogo
    notsurewheretogo

Oh I fully agree it is what I would do but its strange no? To use WT article to help a JW when we are not in?

• caves
    caves

notsure- yes it is strange.... I understood what you meant. I didn't mean to make it sound like I didn't. Sorry.

I was more wanting to hopefully off set someone who might read the post but not really consider the angles and comment about how they should wake her up not realizing shes 88.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit