Sister Not Sure If She Is 144 000 or Great Crowd

by Awake at last 17 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Awake at last
    Awake at last

Hi. I haven’t posted here for years as I have now moved on and am satisfied with the choice I have made to leave Watchtower. However in light of the Coronavirus and people in Australia and other countries being asked to stay at home I became concerned for a witness sister who lives in Melbourne alone who is 88 years old. Today I gave her a call as I don’t trust the local witnesses to care for her. She was crying when she picked up the phone. She was so lonely. We got talking and she raised a subject which I had no answer for. I said, “Leave it with me and I’ll think about it overnight and will talk about it when I call you back tomorrow.”. Well I’ve thought about it and I need your help. Sorry, but I have nowhere else to turn to get an answer quickly.

What she said was that ever since she had been “in the truth”, she had been wrestling with the possibility that she may be of the remnant. She knew the cut off was 1935, she was born in 1932. She knows they have changed that teaching now. She also knows that if you are of the remnant you know without a doubt that you are. As she has doubted for almost 70 years, she has never partaken of the emblems due to the doubt. She also said she doesn’t feel she fits in with the earthly hope. She’s very conflicted and I feel awfully sorry for her. The brothers don’t treat her well and due to her age and my distance from her (a 9 hour drive) I have never pushed her to leave the org. Does someone have any suggestions of what I can say to her to make her feel better. I’m totally lost here. Any help will be appreciated.

• JimmyYoung
    JimmyYoung

When in doubt eat the crackers and drink the wine

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

If she is going to continue on as one of Jehovah's Witnesses, then the 2020 January issue answers some of those questions and may be of some help.

https://filebin.net/n6d9smce4pbtka1k

Petra!
  • Fadeaway1962
    Fadeaway1962

If she is happy to stay in,we had a older brother who was not sure if he was of the annointed ,

We simply said if you have to ask then probably not (as god's spirit bears witness with your spirit)

That put him at ease.

• waton
    waton
    When in doubt eat the crackers and drink the wine JY

right. nowhere in the scriptures can it be seen that those that aspire to everlasting life should not partake. wt "anointed" look forward to immortality.

the 2020 January issue answers some of those questions and may be of some help. P

page 30 par 14 makes the statement that anointed became to be selected after Jesus' resurrection. yeah, because he passed the emblems ( symbolic for forgiveness of sins) to the 11 or 12 that had an earthly hope at least up to his "ascension"

• Awake at last
    Awake at last

Thank you everyone. I will go onto jwdotorg and have a look at that January article and refer her to it.

• JimmyYoung
    JimmyYoung

Growing up in the cult we were always told if you are not sure you are not.

• Awake at last
    Awake at last

Atlantis thank you for that link in your comment. I read the article and will refer her to it when I speak to her later today. What timing! I’d love her to leave but at her age she’s probably better off staying in. She has no family as she was never married and I am so far away. The JWs are all she has known all her adult life. There are aspects that she’s not happy with, ie.child abuse, lack of love and concern, lack of respect shown to her by the elders, changes she’s seeing, the generation teaching and so on.

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

It is a real dishonor to JW's that they don't show more love and concern for the elderly. JW's have gone into nursing homes and been totally forgotten.

In fact, there are JW's even in their own homes, who are sick and need help and the JW's in their congregations haven't shown them any concern at all.

Petra!

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Well the GB members said that many who proclaim they are the anointed are mentally off balanced and delusional.

..... I guess that would include the GB members themselves ?

JWs and mental imbalance go hand in hand .

Don't let those forced smiles on their faces fool you !

Steven Lett = Lizard?!?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit