Musicians Who Died in the Last Year - or Through the Years- Who Do you Miss Most ?

by flipper 33 Replies latest social entertainment

• flipper
    flipper

I think for me in the last year the death of David Bowie got to me the most. Not only in the way he handled his demise so classy by even making a song about it and a you tube about dying and sharing it with fans, but just his whole persona I always thought was pretty cool. Plus I enjoyed a good many of his songs.

Through the years for me the deaths of these artists saddened me as I'd always hoped to see more new music from them : Jimi Hendrix, Janis Joplin, Jim Morrison of the Doors, John Lennon, Stevie Ray Vaughan, Frank Zappa also Nick Webb of the guitar group Acoustic Alchemy.

These are some of the musicians who really influenced my life. How about you ? Who among musicians do you miss the most ? Please feel free to post any you tubes of them playing songs or performing ! Or any of their music ! Make it a testament to these great artists ! Thanks, take care, Peace & love, Mr. Flipper

• 2+2=5
    2+2=5

John Bonham, one of my favourites who's style and influence can be heard over a whole generation of rock music to follow. It would be nice to have him back for sure. Jeff Buckley and Hendrix also..... and those guys from The Who.

• cantleave
    cantleave

I still miss Richard Wright, knowing there could never be a Pink Floyd reunion :(

• cantleave
    cantleave

Also John Entwistle - Bassist extraordinaire ......

and Kieth Moon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KOMu9w-rwig

• The Rebel
    The Rebel

"Wonderful life" By Black. ( born May 62, death January 2016)

(Chorus)

Look at me standing

Here on my own again

Up straight in the sunshine

No need to run and hide

Its a wonderful wonderful life

No need to laugh and cry

Its a wonderful, wonderful life.

............ maybe a one hit wonder, so I mention " Black" who died in a car crash earlier this year. I also think if you like the song " Wonderful life" get the Album, it's all rather impressive and difficult to understand why he never became a huge star.

The Rebel.

• marlborobarbie
    marlborobarbie

I never got to see him, but dammit I know if I'd have made it to Woodstock I'd have had his babies...

It would have to be the Lord God Himself, Jimi Hendrix. I've been OBSESSED with him since I was a kid. I'm like a little fangirl when it comes to him. <3

• The Rebel
    The Rebel

We all know Lynyrd Skynyrd but who remembers the name Ronnie Vancant,( January 1948 death October 1977) the original lead singer and the songwriter off all Lynyrd Skynyrds greatest hits.

Frrebird.

If I leave here tomorrow

Would you remember me

For I must be traveling on now

Theres too many places I got to see.

The Rebel.

p.s , Fly high all you free birds in rock heaven...the music must be really good up there, and sadly keeps getting better and better.

• snugglebunny
  • LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

I wish Freddie Mercury (Farrokh Bulsara) were still alive. His death was very sad, and I'm sure he's missed by many people.

Below is the song These Are The Days of Our Lives. The video was recorded in May 1991 and Mercury looked ill in it. He'd lost weight and visibly aged. He died in November of that year. It's a beautiful song made by a talented band and sung by a talented man.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oB4K0scMysc

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

James Horner. So many wonderful film scores. I love film music, I think it's among the best classical music.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=i1BwcCuEOtM

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit