Creationist on their death bed

by Coded Logic 14 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Coded Logic
    Coded Logic

I would really like to read the thoughts of an creationist as they lie on their deathbed. Their honest thoughts. Their terrors. Their nightmares. I would like to crawl deep into the recesses of their mind and see it for myself.

Do they really believe all that noise they spread? As they lay there contemplating their final breaths, do they really believe that soon, they will start a new life. In our ever changing world that teeters on the brink of annihilation, they believe that none of this even mattered and they can just jump into a "perfect" new world?

Do they really believe that they will be alive, truly alive, forever, like they somehow existed before they were born?

Or in that final time, do they entertain that ever prevalent notion that they will become unconscious forever. That this life is the only one they get.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

I can't speak for all creationists or even all Bible-believing Christians. I can speak for myself.

I was driving home to my wife and kids after work when struck by a sharp pain in my chest. I asked God if this was it. I said, "If its alright with you Lord, its alright for me. The pain eventually subsided. When I got home I told my wife how spiritual I was. When I mentioned the part about being alright with me, she stopped me in my tracks and shouted, "YEAH.... AND WHAT ABOUT US?"

Put me in my place she did.

• waton
    waton

CL: not all believers in creation are also subscribers to belief in an afterlife, one way or another.

Creation as a one off event is glorious enough, needing no encore to repeat it every time a creature dies.

• cofty
    cofty
    not all believers in creation are also subscribers to belief in an afterlife

I very much doubt if that is true.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

You don't need to believe in God to believe in an afterlife. In fact, when you think about it, if there is no God then there certainly will be an afterlife. But if there is a God then he's the only one with the power to prevent an afterlife if he wishes.

• waton
    waton
    But if there is a God then he's the only one with the power to prevent an afterlife if he wishes.

sbf: you make it sound as if an afterlife is an automatic, given condition. In my experience, even while alive, consciousness is not guaranteed.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat
    In my experience, even while alive, consciousness is not guaranteed.

You on the booze? My consciousness is always guaranteed.

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010

You again? Ok, once again, who the fuck are you for me to even bother addressing you?

• Coded Logic
    Coded Logic
    if there is no God then there certainly will be an afterlife.
    -SBF

Why would there be reason to believe there would be an afterlife if there is no God?

. . .

Also, you do realize there are living people who are brain dead. A person can be alive and simultaneously a mental vegetable. I'd also point out that even within the narrow scope of our own personal experiences, we too are not guaranteed consciousness. There are several hours every night, between our states of REM while we sleep, where we entirely lack consciousness.

• Saename
    Saename
    scratchme1010 - You again? Ok, once again, who the fuck are you for me to even bother addressing you?

No, it's not him again. This thread was created by Coded Logic to parrot (mock?) the troll you're referring to.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit