We pray for the governing body

by StephaneLaliberte 30 Replies latest jw experiences

• Chook
    Chook

Dear lord may you hear my prayer and execute your judgment against this evil group in Patterson who claim to be a governing body who speak on your behalf. Please father make them suffer for their evil ways , kill big Tony first Amen.

• blondie
    blondie

I noticed when searching the WOL, that the WTS comments do not specifically say to pray for the GB in a public prayer, but rather seems to leave the door open to individual jws to include prayers for the GB in their personal prayers. Thus the GB seems to be implying or opening the door to doing so in public prayers by not specifically mentioning public prayers.

Prayers at conventions/assemblies are not just random thoughts, but the prayer givers are "guided" as to what they should say. That is why public prayers sound like the one praying is saying the prayer for the audience's benefit.

• Anna Marina
    Anna Marina

Chook, I think the prayer is suppose to go along the lines of, 'forgive them Lord they know not what they do.'

• Butterfly607
    Butterfly607

@Finkelstein - That's it. Soon as they kicked the other 143,988 "annointed" to the curb a couple of years ago. They don't care a crap for the rest of them jokers. Only their little posse is important.

When they announced that they were the FSDL a few years years ago.
  • skin
    skin

What better way to inform everyone on how spiritual you are than to slip that line into your congregational pray.

• StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte

Thinking about this further, I do remember hearing "We pray for the bethel family" often in the prayers when I was a kid (back in the 80s/90s). From what I can tell, it is only recent that they shifted this to the Governing Body (GB), which makes it so much more cultish!

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The GB members are praying for the lawyers who are defending the Organization in the many law suits involving pedophilia cover ups.

Image result for men in suits praying

• bats in the belfry
    bats in the belfry

Definition of "Sister":

1. a female "Brother"

2. a "Sister" with brotherly teaching qualities

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

I remember specifically during the MTS (8 week Ministerial Training School) I attended in the US in 2002 that we were encouraged by the instructors to include the GB sometimes, but not all the time. We were told not to ket prayers be formulaic. I remember back in the mid 80s during Pioneer Service School that someone encouraged it too.

Funny Blondie mentioning assemblies where brothers offering prayers were guided. Hell, EVERYTHING at assemblies was.....shall we say.... kneaded like bread dough....until it took the form the GB wanted to match their intent.

Glad I am out.

Snakes (Rich )

• stillin
    stillin

The really cool brothers, more in their comments than in prayer, will refer to the FDS as simply "the slave.." sort of like how they used to refer to "the Society" to give weight to their comments.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit