Jesus to rule for 1000 yrs yet he started in 1914?

by krismalone 12 Replies latest watchtower bible

• krismalone
    krismalone

I believe when we were in the JW cult, our brains and thoughts were hijacked by the Governing body. I truly believe the GB thinks all members are stupid and they laugh at them in their Wednesday morning secret meetings.

One such teaching that I never heard anyone bring out or question yet the absurdity and contradiction is blatantly obvious is: Revelation chapter 20 says that Christ will reign for 1000 years. It doesn't say he will reign more than a thousand yrs but only 1000 yrs. Yet the Watchtower Corporation teaches that Jesus started reigning in 1914. That's over 100 yrs ago.

So if Armageddon came in 2020 (just for the sake of argument) jesus would have about 900 yrs left to reign. Yet the JW cult says the 1000 yr reign starts after armageddon but at the same time they say he started to rule in 1914. They teach such nonsense and yet the members just accept it and don't question it. It's terrifying how cult leaders can teach blatant, contradicting doctrines and yet the members just believe it without putting much thought to it.

• ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara
    ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara

That is what people trade in when joining a cult: brains n life for BS.

Zing

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Isn`t that what cognitive dissonance means ?

• waton
    waton

At least, wt, by having "Jesus" in 3 kingdoms. 1986, 105 and counting, and 1000 years long, beats the Nazis though, they had the "1000 year Reich" that lasted only 12. but,

since wt really pushes "J----'s" kingdom, you have more, The eternal, the one he exercised through the Judges, Saul's, the Davidic and the Ten tribe, ---

• Bobcat
    Bobcat

Hi KrisMalone,

Actually, the brainwashing is even deeper than you think. Rev 20:4 does not say that Christ will reign for a thousand years. It says that, 'those beheaded . . . those who had not worshipped the beast or it image . . . and those who did not receive the mark . . . these came to life and ruled with the Christ for a thousand years.

Regarding the Christ, Heb 10:12-13 says that, 'after his sacrifice he went his way to heaven and sat down at the right hand of God until his enemies should be made as his footstool.' The writer is quoting/alluding to Ps 110:1.

1Co 15:25 also alludes to Ps 110:1, but Paul (the writer of 1Co) says 'he (Jesus) must rule until all enemies have been put under his feet.' In other words, Jesus' sitting at God's right hand is referring to his 'reigning.'

Heb 2:5-9 also has Jesus already "crowned" but with 'all his enemies not yet under his under his control.'

The upshot is that, according to these verses, Jesus started ruling after he returned to heaven. It is his faithful followers that 'rule with him for a thousand years.'

The WT has hidden nearly 1900 years of Jesus' rulership. And they have done it so well that one can read Rev 20:4 and still not see thru the WT subterfuge.

• Doctor Who
    Doctor Who

Easy...it's an overlapping 1000 years. Problem solved, hahahaha

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Given that thing intends to rule by enslaving all of us, and prepare the earth so the reptilians can inhabit this earth and evict us all, it is in my best interest that this thing doesn't get to rule at all.

• redvip2000
    redvip2000

I think the 1000 years of rulership applied to the earth, so only after the big A. They teach that Jesus is already ruling in heaven only, so that's out of the scope for the 1000 years.

One must wonder about what exactly Geeeeshus is doing on a daily basis in heaven. Imagine that, a King that spends his days looking at all the problems on earth and does nothing for over 100 years.

• Annon
    Annon

So Satan is a really bad guy, but according to the J.W. beliefs he has been ruling the earth for almost 2000 years. (Whole world in his power 1 John 5:19 etc.) Jesus however, a really good guy only gets to rule the earth for half that time, 1000 years, and as posters have pointed out a chunk of that has gone already. Seems kinda crazy.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I think Ray Franz exposed a truth that is probably still true of today's Governing Body. I believe even their brains and thoughts were hijacked by the organization and working your way up to the Governing body might allow you to wake up some, but most just learned to cooperate because they feel like they finally got the brass ring. The individual GB members probably think that the other members are hardcore believers but that "I see that the emperor is naked." They probably do, to some degree, laugh at the rank-and-file in their Wednesday morning secret meetings.

They are duped themselves, no matter how much they realize its all a scam, into believing it is of the utmost importance to protect the organization ahead of any individuals. Changing doctrines becomes a game of making it all work somehow yet changing it radically to fit the calendar or money situation.

They say all the different things to cover whichever way they later might need to go. Jesus' 1000-year reign started, did not start. The anointed will still be here, they will all be in heaven already. God's loving kindness is a free gift, you must earn undeserved kindness. YADDA YADDA YADDA!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit