Younger generation lnot reaching out and quitting the truth

by truthseeker 18 Replies latest jw friends

• mustang
    mustang

"Reaching Out". Sounds OPTIONAL to me. I was "on the track": I opted out.

It might become MANDATORY, after a while. I'm sure that will help

LOL @ "Spring Roundup", Elsewhere

Mustang

• sunshineToo
    sunshineToo

Hi, truthseeker! I've been wondering how you and your family are doing. Hope things go well for you.

When the dot com companies were beginning to crumble down, there were a lot of lay-offs in the Bay Area. People were leaving their town just because they couldn't afford to live there anymore. I don't remember whether it was a CO or DO. His solution was "quit your job and pioneer."

I thought that was the most inconsiderate advice to the people who were suffering already. I do hope the younger generation would see the truth about this cult. But then again they might brainwash themselves and stay just like my former friends.

• scumrat
    scumrat

Those endless talks and reminders of reaching out and doing more was one of the things that got me out. No matter how much you did for them, they always wanted more. Not once have I heard a " Thank You " for your hard work come off the platform.

• Ravyn
    Ravyn

from the KH I grew up as a child(not a teenager) I was the last to go. Guess I was a late(late late) bloomer. They all had lives and families and went to college and got good jobs...

I am hoping the Borg will just run out of prophecies and die off. It really can't continue another ten years like it is now, not logically. They will either have to change something drastic or just fade away. I think they will opt to go more mainstream like the Mormons.

Ravyn

• czarofmischief
    czarofmischief

No,

What they are going to do is set a new date, maybe twenty five years in the future, and push that until their numbers start to climb again. Same old schlock, a sucker baptized every minute...

Of course, that worked before the Net became what it is - so maybe just maybe their waters ARE drying up?

CZAR

• JT
    JT
    will there be a fast track career path to ministerial servant status?

it is already in place currently you can now make MS as young as 17yrs old

during the old days there were young ms and elders then the wt took a harder stance and you had to be older, now a few years back they changed the rules

no longer have to wait till the CO visit to REAPPOINT AND ELDER, AND now they have lowered the age to 17 - yes teenagers are considered MEN now

man at 17 most folks trying to figure out how to FART in class and not get sent to dention hall

• Ben There
    Ben There

The exodus was big in the late 80's and through the 90's til my escape. I feel a real guilt for the false hope I gave to so many young people and women who were sticking it out in pure misery. I do agree as the old comic figure Uncle Scrooge who took out his same old lucky dime, look for the sect to "set another date" and rely on the "double speak" memories of those whose lives have been emptied out by the Watchtower and a natural flow of people looking for answers.....but in the wrong places.

Ben There

• proplog2
    proplog2

JW's like the big numbers but they aren't going to modify their beliefs just to keep up the numbers. If they did away with the blood transfusion thing they could double the membership.

If they reduced the number they disfellowshipped to those who were predatory in their bad behavior they could increase membership by another 25%.

If they went back to the old way of allowing smoking to be a matter of conscience except smokers couldn't hold any positions they would be able to keep half the young people in. Smoking seems to be the big reason a lot of young people get disfellowshipped. Many are disfellowshipped for smoking in their rebellious teen years. When they are older they stop smoking but found out there is life outside the Kingdom Hall.

• Panda
    Panda

I remember when I first registered on this sight that most of the posters were young. I felt like wow! everyone my age is still IN. This year I see so many more of my peer-class that I wonder what got them onto the internet ... their kids? I remember when we de-borged that the "young ones" in the cong were leading double lives and/or leaving. I wish more that we knew would leave.

The WTS has a date setting fanaticism. While blood, smoking, organ transplant, age of a man, service hours to remain active yadda yadda yadda will change, their claim to secret knowledge from god will remain. Just sucker in somemore seekers of Bible secrets. I think that's actually the way all religions set the traps.

My dream (and maybe someone will set the dates for this) --- Everyone EVERYONE will understand that the Bible is a book written by humans, even more important compiled by humans. When this most secular of holy objects is given its proper position as literature, when folks understand that the judeo-christian belief systems are superstitions promoted by patriarchal/archaic societies, then humanity will pay attention to the here and now, the planet, our species, other species, the people around us who we can help ... No thrones or cherubs or seraphim or god or son-of-god. Just now, make it good now.

Panda

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit