Can Jws s go to Labor Day Parades? {USA}

by greenhornet 10 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• greenhornet
    greenhornet

Will they get DF ed for doing it?

• dbq407
    dbq407

I doubt they'd get df'd. Many watch fireworks in early July and go to local parades. An idiot jw i know gave his kids a hard time for lighting those chinese lanterns and letting them go, but will take them to parades even though they originate with the military and politics supposedly. Jw's have the dumbest reasoning for not doing certain things because it has pagan origins. Most everything we do was done by the pagans at one time.

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

Labor Day also symbolizes the end of summer, that's close to pagan belief.

Yes everything is pagan except your marriage ring. LOL

• Steel
    Steel

The other Saturday morning I was in a thrift store called “the second chance “. It was owned by the catholic church and funds the pro-life ministry. In walks a couple ubers and I laugh.

Are you supposed to be here? I just walked the other way. Too funny.

Sorry, somewhat related.

What we would do in Canada was go out in field service and just stop for 2 hours and watch. It was OK because we were in service.

• greenhornet
    greenhornet

We will also be open carrying our pistols. It that also bad to them?

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

Every thing is pagan to jw's--except Disneyland and all the magic of all the different characters and Princesses?

Sparlock--NO

Peter Pan ---Hell yea

just sayhing!

• blondie
    blondie

I remember two pioneer sisters went to a demonstration against the treatment of animals at a research facility and were interviewed on television.....when questioned by the elders they said they were handing out WT tracts......................not df'd but cautioned not to do it again!!!! That is go to that kind of demonstration.

• Nevuela
    Nevuela

Wow, so they're even against animal rights?

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010

They expect people not to be part of the world. At best, they will point out that the time and energy spent in the parade should have been better spent preaching. At worst, you can get disfellowshipped (depending on the elders you have to deal with).

• hoser
    hoser

We don't have Labor Day in canada. It's labour day spelled with a u in it meaning u get screwed over by your employer.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit