Printing presses, bye... bye...

by sp74bb 45 Replies latest jw friends

• sp74bb
    sp74bb

Bye... Bye...

No more new printing presses for JW.org... The growth is so tremendous (irony...).

All printing work in Europe will be arrange in the next month only in Selters (Germany), but no renovation or upgrading in Printing presses is expected... It will be a full outsourcing :)

A worldly company Axel S******* will be used. This company is known to be printing Bild newspaper... The interesting part of it is the logistics will be as well outsourced. Axel S******* will be in charge of shipping the printed material to each KH collection point.

• the comet
    the comet

Wow. A bethelite who works in the audio/visual dept did say several months ago that the audio/visual dept was going to be "jehovah's printing press for the 21st century." He made it sound like that's what the higher ups at bethel had said during a meeting there. Sounds like that's the direction they're going in.

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

Really? Axel Springer AG to print and distribute the WT? What's the source for this? Can it be confirmed?

• bohm
    bohm

Holy shit! That's the most important event since the sell-off of Brooklyn and perhaps more important?!

I can't wait to see this corroborated; one imagines the writing must be on the wall for other printing places and perhaps all.

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

Why have you redacted the letters after Axel S?

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

Aww, you mean they will have to sell all those expensive Mann presses they bought now too and cash in?.

• sp74bb
    sp74bb

Real and trustful sources. It is much better to keep our sources well fed and cared.

• shepherdless
    shepherdless

Extraordinary!

However, I am slightly disappointed. This is a sound commercial decision. Not only will a commercial printer probably be cheaper and more efficient, it will mean that they won't have a need for lots of bethelites, with associated costs of housing them, they won't have a need for expensive depreciating machinery etc.

• Anders Andersen
    Anders Andersen

Yes, very smart business wise, from a human point of view. So after 120 years Jesus finds out worldly people are smart after all?

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

remember how proud they were of MEPPS?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit