What's the most hypocritical thing(s) you've ever seen a JW do?

by Steve Lowry 36 Replies latest jw friends

• Steve Lowry
    Steve Lowry

Up high on my list has to be when a JW co-worker named John Fitzgerald tore into me one morning (when I was coming in late for work) for grabbing a quick piece of cake from the lunch room. Turns out, someone in this small little office had brought in the remainder of their birthday cake for folks at work to finish up eating. John was older than I and a Ministerial Servant (ooh) and felt it his responsibility to keep me on the straight and narrow. He also got me the job there, so this only exacerbated the whole JW image thing. He was appalled that I would eat a piece of birthday cake! When I told him I didn’t care, and that I didn’t notice what ‘kind of cake’ it was anyway and that I was just hungry, he became incensed. He said, " Steve, what kind of example does it set that YOU eat the birthday cake this morning while I didn’t?" I told him it wasn’t too late for him to get some if he wanted to. (jerk) He kept it up until I started to get pissed. Finally I told him I didn’t give good damn if he liked it or not and he walked away, beat red. Whata jackass he was. I wanted to pop-em’ right then and there.

However, this same guy would leave his Christmas ham (a yearly company gift) in the refrigerator well into January of each year. He referred to it as his "Bonus" ham. (I swear I’m not making this up!) I guess this way, he convinced himself it wasn’t a pagan gift! Self deluded moron. Finally people would complain and beg him to take his "Bonus" ham home and free up some space in the fridge for lunches and stuff. Everybody laughed about him behind his back for being such a "dumb-ass hypocrite". It was embarrassing for me.

It never ceases to amaze me how JW’s can condemn others, while justifying their own crap away with absolute peace of mind. And to even have kinda pious pride about it! Unbelievable.

Steve . . .

• berylblue
    berylblue

First, welcome.

Second...

ah, yes, the "bonus" ham. The Christmas "year end" bonus.

I never accepted mine (although I must admit that I was rarely offered one, cheap companies that I worked for...)

The "winter" party.

Steve, there is so much hypocrisy that I am hard pressed to think of a single incident about which to write.

• Steve Lowry
    Steve Lowry

Hi berylblue,

Thank you (and everyone here on the board) for the warm welcomes'. Yes, I realized as I posted this new thread that it would be difficult for people to select just one example. They abound so. Site as many as come to mind. The more the merrier. I may add a few more examples myself.

Steve

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

My husband (now ex-husband) elder (now ex-elder) who abused me and our 2 daughters would go out and give other people marital advice or counsel them on how to raise their children or get up on the platform and give talks about it

• teenyuck
    teenyuck

My MS uncle and his JW family had *Smith Day* one year. (Smith was their last name) During Christmas. I was 17 and had driven over to there area to drop off my time sheet for the temp agency I worked for and they lived literally around the corner.

I decided to stop in and say Hi. I suprised them. My aunt let me in only because she was suprised. They had a little tree set up on at the top of the stair case leading to the bedrooms of the home. Underneath were of course, lots of presents. I saw a big banner saying *Merry Smith Day!* I asked what the heck was going on? Were they celebrating Christmas?

Oh, no, my aunt insisted. They were just celebrating having such a wonderful, happy family. It just coincided with Christmas this year. They did this every year and pulled a date out of a hat...they would all buy gifts for each other and share a day of family fun....

YEAH.....

• UpAndAtom
    UpAndAtom
    It never ceases to amaze me how JW’s can condemn others, while justifying their own crap away with absolute peace of mind.

This is called "cognitive dissonance"; it's the process whereby a Dubs changes their cognition, to fit into facts which they either know to be wrong, or don't wish to believe. Because they actually change their thinking process, facts don't mean the same thing to them anymore, so it's pointless arguing with them. Facts will mean nothing, and will most likely result in the loyal Dub being even more convinced they are correct. It's a psychology disorder... a well documented one at that.

• Austrian
    Austrian

I caught two newly appointed MS's smoking cigars down here in coconut grove. They couldn't even stand up straight they were so wasted.

I worked for an elder for a while in the construction business. I was only 17 years old and we would get wasted after work. He later on counseled me for drinking with a 20 year old brother at my house.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Cognitive Dissonace

when an ex-elder walks his daughters down the aisles in the Catholic Church and says he is not participating in a religious ceremony but is just "making a delivery"

• DevonMcBride
    DevonMcBride

One of our outside sales agents is a Pioneer and in very good standing. She is the only JW that works for our company and last year she attended out Christmas party and got drunk. She is the only one in her family that is JW and she buys all of her grandchildren Christmas presents.

• Mr. Kim
    Mr. Kim

So much to say and show. The deeper thoughts and secrets of members and how a special fake presentation is put on each meeting, field service and the cliques where true bullshit and hypocrisy rules!

Mr. KIM

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit