Another Unnecessary Early Death

by Slidin Fast 12 Replies latest watchtower medical

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

So sad. Poor fella. A convert too. I wonder what his family are thinking about all of this?

Slidin Fast: I don't blame the elders, as you say they have very little wriggle room. It's the unloving framework of pharisaic rules they work under that is reprehensible.

You're right. How many times have we seen people with delusions or psychosis get disfellowshipped when their behaviour is clearly due to a mental imbalance?

• Half banana
    Half banana

So sorry for the family concerned.

Isn't this a perfect demonstration of what JW "brotherhood" really means? You are only 'permitted' to show love to those as recommended by the governing body, that is those who are loyal to the leadership and who perform the JW rituals.

Jesus however recommended something else. He said that the Jewish law was summarised by love of God and neighbour. Surely the essence of Christiany as Jesus taught, was to love one's neighbour (not another JW) as oneself.

This poor man deperately needed compassion and thoughtful assisstance -- what he got was JW style shunning.

What a mistake it is to turn to the JW organisation for help.

• dozy
    dozy

Sad story. Poor guy.

There is another side to the "wonderful" scenes of friends hugging each other and people apparently experiencing ecstatic happiness often depicted in JW dot Org videos - for many , the assemblies are the most depressing times of the year , especially for those not in the in-crowd & cliques . For a few years I gave a lift to a middle aged single sister in our congregation and she often expressed how sad she found the whole event. Goodness knows how bad it is for a DFd JW.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit