Jehovah's Witnesses: remembering the weird and wacky!

by Vanderhoven7 49 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Do you remember some of the weird and wacky stuff emanating from the Watchtower Society? Let's make a list from memory that we can use to inject a little humor into our discussions with Jehovah's Witnesses.

- Venus may be an enormous Jurassic Park.

- germs don't cause disease.

- no beards allowed

-

-

• TonusOH
    TonusOH

Didn't they once print that organ transplants were the equivalent of cannibalism?

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

Aluminum pots are poison. (I was raised on that and still eschew them)

During the tribulation we will travel in car caravans and will never run out of gas. Israelite clothes never wore!

Flood.

That organ thing; the literal heart controlled our thinking.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

You don’t have to look far for wacky beliefs.

What about 1914 and then there’s the 144,000 , now try explaining that to a sane person.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Yes, add to that we assimilate character from the blood donor.

• Rattigan350
    Rattigan350

I think a stupid thing is to not do jury duty.

Some would say that we don't want to be responsible for a death penalty. But how often does that happen?

If JWs don't serve, then that leaves it up to the finders of fact being people who believe in Santa Claus and people who are atheists, instead of people who believe and examine the truth.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Yes, 1914 from a tree stump is wacky.

So is 607 BCE.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Flood geology… Dinosaurs and humans were contemporaries… Basic fundagelical stuff.

Jehovah living in the Pleiades star system was one of the more original ones.

Saber-toothed tigers used their oversized fangs to crack coconuts (that one was specifically Fred Franz’s).

Smurphobia.

• waton
    waton
    "Israelite clothes never wore!" road to nowhere,

yeah, once perfection is reached, we would be go full nudist in paradise.

imho, that would quickly fill the gaping gaps left by the post-millenium rebellion.

• TonusOH
    TonusOH

I think a stupid thing is to not do jury duty.

I agree. And the excuse about being on a possible death penalty case doesn't hold water- it's very easy to get out of a particular petit jury by explaining how your personal beliefs or conscience would affect your decision-making.

This issue resonates for be because, for some reason, I get called to jury duty with annoying regularity. Never served on a petit jury, but I did do a month on a grand jury. Learned a lot, it was a good experience.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit