Successes you enjoyed since leaving the Org

by Tallon 20 Replies latest jw experiences

• Tallon
    Tallon

Thought I would start a discussion, and hopefully a positive one, on what successes you’ve enjoyed since leaving the Org.

Each of us is different as people, in life experiences etc. However we all share one common factor in that we have all experienced the negativity, to a greater or lesser degree, of being a JW and the Org.

Each success is worth celebrating so I invite you to share some of your achievements. It does not matter how ‘big or small’ it is, share it with us.

My achievement means a great deal to me both personally and professionally. Whilst I was in the Org it was always hammered into me about my pursuing a career as meaningless as this system was doomed. Although I attained a certain degree of success in my chosen field, it would be a life of mediocrity and I would never get any further unless I did something about it.

So I completed higher education and went on to attain Chartered Membership of my professional body. At work I am currently mentoring two younger people. They are progressing well and it will be interesting to see where their careers take them in the coming years.

• ducatijoe
    ducatijoe

Life is better than I would have ever thought. After over 45 years as a JW , being out is wonderful. New friends, no judgement, involved in helping others and truly happy.

So glad I didn't jump off a bridge during the couple of years it took to clear my mind.

I would like to tell any of you who are feeling down and all along after leaving..... It will pass, look ahead.....It is worth it!

• Chook
    Chook

I'm only looking forward tallon, I'm taking control of my mind and looking to help the disadvantaged. I'm breaking free of bigoted control , I'm tryout of to give to the poor , it will be a long journey but I have friends to carry me

• just fine
    just fine

There are too many to even list. 😀

i met and married a man who supports me in everything, from going to college, changing jobs, building houses, investing, retiring, my crazy JW family, and helps my dreams come true.

I have had awesome jobs that have also supported me and now am at an executive level, with all the perks and money I could want. I have friends and co- workers that are caring and considerate.

i live in a place I love, with a job I love, with the person I love.

• Giordano
    Giordano
    My achievement means a great deal to me both personally and professionally.

Yes that is so. My or in our situation............. our achievement means a lot to my wife and myself. We have been out for over 5 decades and pursued a life based on our family and making art. We have been collected by museums and have given back to every community we have lived in after leaving the JW world.

We are rich in memories and friendships. It's been a life worth living.

• Hecce
    Hecce
    Giordano
    We have been out for over 5 decades and pursued a life based on our family and making art.

It seems that you split early enough to have a chance to do something with your life, for some others not much of a chance to accomplish anything; just the mere satisfaction of freedom and being able to help others.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

We got out pretty late in life. I cheer for those that I see waking up and escaping at a young(er) age. I feel successful that our children and grandchildren are not 4th generation slaves to the WTS. That is a great accomplishment! Further, our children have received a good education and they will prove to be very successful in life, and hopefully happy as well. We will have things structured in our estate to guarantee that our grandchildren have every opportunity available to them as well. . . Doc

• Giordano
    Giordano

Yes indeed Hecce we split in our young to mid twenties. I had been a successful JW. But all I learned from them was how to live in a world that didn't really exist.

We had one high school diploma between us.....no real job skills either. No Family, no friends. Vietnam was raging and I couldn't claim a religious deferment.

Then the Society started hinting that 1975 was going to be the start of Armageddon.

None of it bothered us in the least. We managed to restart our lives anew.

Leaving was the Best decision we ever made.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

TALLON:

I'm glad you became a success in your profession! Let the idiots in the hall eat their hearts out.

Some of the fools in the religion might be saying: "he's having his reward in full". I say: "the fools who loved titles and the praise of men are having THEIR reward in full". Better they should have been in adult ed getting better job skills OR working an extra shift to save for their retirement!

As for me, I'm just glad I got my freedom back and did not suffer a greater loss than the time I wasted there. I'm retired now and am grateful I ignored their foolish advice and kept my job/career.

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

If I was still a JW today I would be living on the edge financially and worried to no end about medical bills. The friends still in many are struggling because they didn't make plans for the future.But the the number one reason why I feel I have been so successful, my wife today. She was so instrumental in helping me crawl out of the darkness I was in. She is my success story or I'am her success story.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit