The "circle" of the earth

by stillin 61 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Fisherman
    Fisherman
    the "circle" of the earth.

Depends on the perspective or point of view; the sun does not move in relation to the earth either.

"A sphere looks like a circle from any angle or direction . (That's one of the ways people knew that the Earth is a sphere ... every time there's a lunar eclipse, the ..." --answers.com

• waton
    waton

Depends on the perspective or point of view; the sun does not move in relation to the earth either.

Fisherman, the sun moves in response to the Earth's gravity around a common bari center, and the sun does move in response to every other planet, that is one way astronomers are detecting the hundreds of exoplanets, by the wobble of their suns.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman
    Fisherman, the sun moves in response to the Earth's gravity around a common bari center, - waton

Since you don't see what I am saying, let me put it to you this way: The sun does not actually rise and sets in relation to the earth.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

The LIE-ble insists that the earth is flat, shaped like a record album (or compact disc). If you get too close to the edge, you are supposed to fall off into oblivion. They did that to prevent people from exploring too far from the effects of Christi-SCAM-ity into freedom. It worked until Magellan defied it and went around the earth by ship, returning home safely (and of course the cat lick church, then dominant, suppressed that trip). Copernicus and Galileo both proved that the earth was a globe, not a "record album", and Newton proved that, even if the earth was shaped like a record, you would never fall off the edge (instead, you would climb to the other side).

Of course, the jokehovians deny that. That is, until they get absolute control along with the rest of Christi-SCAM-ity and mass execute everyone that disagrees with them the way they did during the First Inquisition (and it will be much easier to find dissidents once everyone has RFID chips). At which point, it is easy to force everyone to believe a lie under torture threats. And that's how they got people believing in the LIE-ble.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman
    Fisherman, the sun moves in response to the Earth's gravity around a common bari center, and the sun does move in response to every other planet, that is one way astronomers are detecting the hundreds of exoplanets, by the wobble of their suns.

Waton, very interesting and informative to read! Thanks.

• waton
    waton

according to the bible prophecies, future mankind will be regressing in scientific insights. proof: after the thousand years, and restored Eden-like perfection, the earth will have 4 corners again to accommodate the nations. if flat again, it will be a square, rectangle, if 3 dimensional (an advancement, or a nearly forgotten remnant from the 3d era knowledge), -- a triangle pyramid. ha ha.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman
    "Proof ...."

Wanton ???

Even back then they knew N, S, E, W. ( 4 corners.)

Psalms 78: 26 He stirred up the east wind in the heavens And made a south wind blow by his power.

Rev 7: 1 After this I saw four angels standing on the four corners of the earth, holding tight the four winds of the earth, so that no wind could blow on the earth or on the sea or on any tree.

Rev 20:9 And they advanced over the whole earth and encircled*the camp of the holy ones and the beloved city...

* compare with four corners.

• waton
    waton
    Wanton ??? Proof?

F: I am quoting, and extrapolating from Rev. 20: 1-7 and on, and wt illustration of the NW. bucolic scene from the middle ages, log houses, sailing ships, waterwheels? I would not dare ridiculing wt prophecies, now would I?

• Fisherman
    Fisherman
    wt illustration of the NW. bucolic scene

Waton: That's what Bible prophecy leads readers to conclude - that's the impression I get when I read.

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

Im sorry waton my remark regarding the flat earth was directed at kairos who seems to support the idea

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit