The "circle" of the earth

by stillin 61 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• steve2
    steve2

When it comes to the "scientific" soundness of Scripture, you cannot beat Jehovah making the sun stand still in the sky [Joshua 10: 12-14].

Expect that super scientific experiment to be documented in Nature magazine any time soon. 😎

• UnshackleTheChains
    UnshackleTheChains

Some food for thought. In the book of Joshua, it says the sun stood still?

That doesn't make sense if it is the earth moving around the sun.

https://youtu.be/Nb1XdBmmj9w

• kairos
    kairos

If you don't have the stomach to research flat earth, I understand.

It's bad enough waking up from The Matrix.
    Why would anyone want to find themselves on The Truman show.

Research it! What? You got something better to do?

• waton
    waton
    In the book of Joshua, it says the sun stood still.

UTC, easy, if you disrespect the laws of nature, just stop the rotation of the globular Earth, and

Isaiah goes you one better, in 38:8 is reported inerrantly, that the rotation of the planet was reversed for a few hours. Then apparently sped up to make up on lost time?

All this is still easy compared to moving the sun, which we now know is ~ 13 million times more massive than the Earth. Modern science makes ancient miracles easier for the miracle maker ha ha.

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

Oh for fuck sake please dont tell me your a flat earther?

• waton
    waton
    Oh for f..k sake please dont tell me your a flat earther?

M: if you talk about P?Waton?, NO! but since wt takes these passages seriously and literally, fooled fools , like the ignorant writers,:-- I sometimes "Answer a fool according to his foolishness." thus, trying through satire, by taken these stories seriously, and exposed to science, show just how primitive and childish it all is, still bringing in the ice cream and toy money though but:

google analemma. sun position really reverses. ha ha.

• deegee
    deegee
    In the book of Joshua, it says the sun stood still?------UnshackleTheChains

Are there any records outside the Bible about this? No one else noticed such a phenomenal occurrence?

• UnshackleTheChains
    UnshackleTheChains
    Are there any records outside the Bible about this? No one else noticed such a phenomenal occurrence

So either the sun stood still or the earth stopped rotating. 'God's inspired word' states that it was the sun that stood still.

Just sayin!

• ttdtt
    ttdtt

Ah - do you remember that the "bible" said Sampson dug honey out of a dead lion carcass and carried it across a desert area to give it to others to eat. (in his hands)

Why are some of you treating this like it is more than a BAD fairytale????

• Bobcat
    Bobcat
    Are there any records outside the Bible about this? No one else noticed such a phenomenal occurrence?

Here is a discussion that includes this.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit