Could Joel Osteen Bring the JWs Out of Their Doldrums?

by TMS 14 Replies latest jw friends

• TMS
    TMS

C.T. Russell had some charisma, as did the alcoholic womanizer, J.F. Rutherford. . N.H. Knorr, not so much. . Fred Franz, an oracle, but not a leader. . . . . What if? What if TV Preacher Joel Osteen agreed to take over JWism? He agrees to some basic teachings; the ransom, a paradise earth hope, an unnumbered heavenly class with tweaks on blood, shunning and disfellowshipping. . . . encouraging alternate service. Osteen becomes the Writing Department and takes over JW.org.

Could Osteen save the Watchtower and how much would his services be worth?

• DJS
    DJS

If not Joel than most certainly VIctoria. She brings me out of my, um, doldrums

• The Rebel
    The Rebel

The only thing real about Victoria are her hands, those of a 55 year old woman, sadly exploiting religion with an expensive Diamond ring on her finger to show for it . Why? because people buy into her ministry/ cosmetic surgery. Give me my wife anyday.

The Rebel.

• DJS
    DJS

Yes, The Rebel, but you are far less shallow than I.

• The Rebel
    The Rebel

Well " DJS" you changed the picture of Victoria, but the image is still the same, her smile is still one of greed and I hope we are both lucky and intelligent men, who have chosen before anything else the truthful portrayal of love. I know this is true of you because you have mentioned in your previous posts you are dating (if memory serves correct a Hindu lady)

Getting back on topic, if a man can live a happy life with his wife and their offspring can live on happily after our death, then maybe that's enough, so let all the religiouse charlatans and polititions go to hell.

The Rebel.

• DJS
    DJS

The Rebel, ditto to the religious charlatans and politicos. I changed the pic of Victoria because it was way too large. I didn't realize the new picture would impact your comments about her hands. The new picture is smaller and doesn't overwhelm the screen.

• darkspilver
  • LV101
    LV101

OSTEEN is so HAPPY! He'd never be able to pull the negativity of the cult up.

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

Joel Osteen is a motivational speaker. He tells people what they want to hear. He is a wonderful speaker and knows how to work an audience. He's a charmer. This is what people want to hear. "We love everyone." I don't know the man, he could be the nicest person in the world. Religion is a business and a place to socialize. It is selling salvation and working well for Joel and his counterparts. WT does not know how to run a business like Joel, the rank and file are not being built up but torn down.

I hate religion. I will NEVER be a part of any religion ever again. NEVER. It is a business, nothing else. I , personally choose not to participate. That's just me. Some choose to play the stock market, some don't. That's the beautiful thing about the freedom to choose.Hey...if you can run a business like that, go for it. Who says money can't buy you happiness. lol

• redvip2000
    redvip2000

Joel Osteen is a motivational speaker.

He is. Sometimes on Sunday mornings as i'm flipping through the channels I see him on, and I linger on that channel for a little while. I know it's all bullshit, but the man truly knows how to speak and that alone is enough to captivate people.

I thought the same thing about Obama, another great speaker, who in my opinion owes his Presidency at least partially to his speaking abilities.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit