The Pope is more like Christ than the GB

by StarTrekAngel 12 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

Even though the Catholic Church has a blood-guilty past and a lot to answer for, this pope seems like a decent man and certainly a better person than the GB, in my opinion.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

''this pope seems like a decent man and certainly a better person than the GB, in my opinion.''

You couldn't have said it better. He is a true and genuine Pope and Humane leader of a church indee!!!!

• David_Jay
    David_Jay

According to a Catholic prophet and a tradition that grew from one of his predictions (I don't know it off hand becuase, unlike the gracious abilities of Blondie--which I am always grateful for--I have no such exposure to Catholicism nor do they have a CD-Rom which covers their past 2000 years)...but according to how some Catholics have read the prophecy at the end of the 20th century, Pope John Paul II was the next to the last pope predicted by this prophet, to be followed by a final pope before "Peter" returned to the papacy.

The reference to "Peter" is symbolic, according to some, and the fact that the list ends there (according to some Catholics) does not mean they expect St. Peter to rise from the dead and become pope or that the office of popes end with this "Peter." Instead the view is that the papacy changes permenantly to become like that which it was intended.

Some Catholics count the number of popes in the prophecy differently, and the official view of the Church is that the prophecy is often wrongly applied and, as part of a non-public revelation, is not due formal acceptance by any Catholic who does not wish to accept it, if counted this way the fact of a new pope, so much more popular and loving that John Paul II (and many thought there could never be a pope like JPII, let alone more groundbreaking and beloved), that this new pope took a new name never chosen by a pope before, and is radically different and attempting so many radical reforms is interesting.

I think a glass ceiling has been broken, and even if this pope doesn't make all the changes necessary (and it is apparent from the way some bishops and cardinals are acting that he won't), I think his next successors will have a similar spirit. The old type of popes, like the prophecy states, may be long gone.

Of course, I am not saying I believe in this prophecy. I am only bringing out how interesting the coincidence is.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit