Was 536 the Worst year in history

by pistolpete 21 Replies latest social current

• vienne
    vienne

Fulltime,

My mother's constant criticism of the Watch Tower was that they failed to educate their clergy. My mom was a long-time teacher, one time professor, and exceptionally well educated. She spent a good portion of her life analyzing WT beliefs and practices. I have read their 'material,' their kingdom ministry school texts and such, and I have to agree.

My grand uncle and a few other Witnesses I've met are exceptions. Two of my uncles by marriage are elders, both college educated prior to conversion. The congregation I sometimes attend [to take notes and enjoy the people - They're quite nice] is populated with more college graduates than normal for Witness groups. But I would say only two of their elders are capable of handling complex situations. Being a teacher, an electrical engineer, and a scientist - the professions of those elders - does not equip one to deal with complex mental and social issues.

Mom knew some of the WT Society 'big boys' and thought them very competent. I don't know any of them. My impression is that other than making videos, they hide out.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Perspective is always good. Yet, as Dave Chappell said, “Just because someone is starving in Africa, it doesn’t mean I don’t want a sandwich.” ( Paraphrase )

DD 🤔

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit